Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four-Diamond hotel and the first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants, two private beaches, on-site boutique, sundries shop with grab & go options, full-service provisions store and a 55-slip marina. The resort marina offers exhilarating excursions through Dive BVI, sailing certifications with Offshore Sailing School and is the base of operations for Dream Yacht Charter, the world’s leading charter company. Visit ScrubIsland.com to learn more.
Job Summary: The Villa Maintenance Generalist performs all general maintenance duties for all villas and associated equipment in accordance with pre-existing standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior job related experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent walking with some standing at times.
- Will walk for long periods of time, possibly extended distances.
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual
dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
- Able to spend long periods of time on your feet, sitting or working in close quarters.
- Able to work early mornings and late nights when necessary
- Install and repair finishes, such as laminates.
- Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry.
- Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property.
- Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Inform the Manager on the status of preventive maintenance works completed and outstanding.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform sessions with total focus on safety, attention, and timeliness.
- Provide consistent professional maintenance work in line with the SOP and accepted certification practices
- Properly care for and maintain equipment
- Possess ability to work without direct and indirect supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and required meetings.
- Assist in all areas of the company operation as requested by management.
- Must be able to be visible in the operation daily and to cover weekends, holiday and weekends shifts in the event of any emergency.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor.