Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four-Diamond hotel and the first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants, two private beaches, on-site boutique, sundries shop with grab & go options, full-service provisions store and a 55-slip marina. The resort marina offers exhilarating excursions through Dive BVI, sailing certifications with Offshore Sailing School and is the base of operations for Dream Yacht Charter, the world’s leading charter company. Visit ScrubIsland.com to learn more.
The Villa Butler is responsible for all well being of Guests of the 13 villas at Scrub Island, from arrival to departure, and throughout their stay ensuring that customers are happy with the service they are receiving, prior, during and after their stay. He/She should provide a service that goes above and beyond guest’s expectations, in accordance with the operating procedures and Mainsail/Marriott standards.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in luxury resort operations as well as on-island operations a must.
- College degree
- History with Marriott Hotels and/or top luxury hotels is a must.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, and late nights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word.
- Proficient in Opera PMS
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper dress code when working.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction is beyond their expectations and overcoming any issues that may arise. Anticipate guest’s needs and respond promptly.
- Understand and demonstrate the Marriott Basics and standards.
- Understand the Marriott Loyalty Program and be certified as a Marriott Bonvoy Connector.
- Detailed hotel product knowledge, up-to-date with VIP arrivals & events within the hotel and the destination.
- Maintain high visibility with guests.
- Greet guests and escort them to their villa. Farewell of guests upon departure.
- Attend daily/weekly meetings organized by Villa Manager.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Monitor guest correspondence and ensure that all are responded to in a timely fashion. Respond to guests prior to their arrival, with the aim to plan their stay prior to checking in.
- Monitor the second effort log (issues/engineering log), follow up and record all guest issues and complaints.
- Ensure to provide gracious and efficient telephone service. Calls should be answered promptly and knowledgeably, with complete and accurate information given.
- Working closely with all departments at the Resort to offer the best service to our guests.
- Maintaining stock items required for the department to function cohesively.
- Maintain a proper Guest Satisfaction Survey (GSS) score.