This role can be based out of any one of our Mainsail properties (Tampa, Atlanta, Ft. Myers, Naples) or remote in the United States. Additional location restrictions within the US may apply.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, fun, and energetic people who take the work seriously, but not themselves. Our culture reflects an entrepreneurial spirit: see the possible in the impossible and take risks without fear of failure. Let’s see if we’re a fit. We hope so.
The Total Rewards & HRIS Director is a new role created for our expanding company. Mainsail is in growth mode and there are exciting challenges for the right person who will help us design and implement an attractive total rewards program and rollout Workday. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid of a challenge and loves to make a difference in an organization. This Director will provide the end-to-end development and delivery of a compensation and benefits strategies and serve as the subject matter expert for Workday configuration. You will act as a strategic partner to the Chief People Officer and collaborate with peers, senior leadership and vendors while listening to employee input and monitoring market conditions to address changing needs.
We specialize in hotel, apartment and resort property management and development, marketing and sales. Mainsail is a Tampa-based hospitality company that develops and operates lodging products mostly in the Southeastern U.S. and the Caribbean. We pride ourselves in searching for unique lodging opportunities with a purpose. Our properties and experiences are varied, but our commitment to excellence is always the same. The company’s foundation is built on developing key relationships with customers who require various lodging needs and finding a way to fulfill those needs in a profitable way. What you will do:
· Maintain the HRIS to ensure system security, continued operations, reporting efficiency, and data integrity. Inform IT of software and hardware problems and partner to resolve them
· Act as primary authority on HRIS configurations within defined area(s) of responsibility; combining expert-level proficiency in the systems and solutions with the understanding the functional HR processes
· Research and resolves HRIS problems such as data transfer issues, process flaws, data discrepancies and recommend solutions or alternatives to meet business needs
· Conduct market analysis of company jobs to determine proper benchmark positioning, proper classification of positions, etc.
· Support feature releases and issue resolution within defined area(s) of responsibility, working with business users, IT, vendors and other support teams to define scope, prioritize, plan and implement system changes and enhancements
· Review releases for new functionality and optimize existing processes and integrations accordingly
· Provide thought leadership and a strategic plan to set up a compensation system that accurately reflects job families, career pathing and equitable compensation
· Lead the design of current pay practices and programs across the organization
· Manage the day-to-day administration of health and core benefit programs including retirement, medical, dental, spending accounts, life, disability, and other ancillary benefit plans, and policies
· Drive compensation initiatives including developing philosophy, data gathering, salary structure development and merit process planning
· Thorough knowledge of FLSA, DOL, ADA, EEO, and other regulatory and compliance requirements related to compensation and benefits
· Maintain strong relationships with vendors, brokers, and carriers for seamless administration
· Ensure all sponsored benefit plans are administered in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA and FMLA
· Stays current on industry best practices and drives innovation and continuous improvement efforts
What we’re looking for
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field
· 3 + of Workday experience. Must have deep knowledge of the Workday core HCM, Advanced Compensation a plus
· 5+ years working in compensation preferably in a corporate environment
· 5+ years in health and welfare benefits management and retirement plan, implementation and administration
· Experience designing and implementing total rewards programs from inception to execution strongly preferred
· Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
March 7, 2023