Be a part of the immersive, appetite-driven hotel recognized for its high-end hospitality on a national level. Epicurean Atlanta has officially earned the coveted Four Diamond designation from AAA.
It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality trends. Desire to nurture relationships.
We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right chef will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
As a Sous Chef, you are expected to show a desire and passion to work to the highest standards set and a willingness to anticipate and meet our guests needs, you will be required to have a minimum of 9 years culinary experience, preferably within a luxury hotel or restaurant. Culinary trained degree preferred but not required.
- Show positive teamwork skills. Must command the ability to take direction and work ahead as directed
- Must have a good knowledge in food products, culinary preparation, and equipment
- Good knife skills required and will be responsible for the preparation, plating, and service of all foods
- Maintain company equipment and facility. Identify and enforce the maintenance of company assets and equipment through safe handling and storage
- Adhere to all company guidelines. Maximize guest service while working within these guidelines
- Work as directed to the highest standards set, you are expected to be able to read and follow recipes
- Manage and assist in the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen team, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work.
- Communicate effectively and ensure all policies, procedures and safety initiatives are known and followed by the team.
- Recommend and/or initiate disciplinary, or other team-related actions in accordance with company policies.
- Show reasonable knowledge of all Fire Marshall and Health Code regulations. Assist in all daily kitchen area inspections in regards to cleanliness, organization, and Health & Safety standards
- Assist in the participation of monthly inventories as directed
- Assist and participate in all aspects of cost control, including food cost, labor cost, equipment, and uniforms cost.
- Minimize Waste, Maximize Productivity, Respect Equipment, Value your Uniform
- Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge in all aspects of Food Handling & Sanitation standards
- Supervise and/or participate in the cleaning of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment
- Ensure the team is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Maintain a sense of ownership for the restaurant & kitchen
INTERACT WITH OUTSIDE CONTACTS
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction Vendors to order supplies and equipment
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections. Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Fully responsible for outlet ordering, planning, scheduling, menu selections in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items.
- Lead, train and monitor performance of kitchen team to establish and maintain effective employee relations in conducting formal and on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment and maintains and strictly abides by state sanitation/health regulations and restaurant requirements
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/restaurant policies and procedures
- Meet with Restaurant General Manager / Restaurant GM regularly to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for culinary team to complete, review priorities
COMPLETE TRAINING PLANS FOR OPENING & CLOSING DUTIES
- Set up workstation with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with the highest standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout shift Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
- Monitor performance of assigned team and ensure all procedures all completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and restaurant requirements Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts with 3+ years of experience as a Sous Chef in a high-volume, local, or regional restaurant environment
- Impeccable track record and strong leadership skills
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit
- Valid health/food handler card by local or state government agency