Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Multi Outlets Manager
Silver King/Beacon Restaurant Supervisor will be responsible for exceptional service to all guests, developing and maintaining a strong team environment. Responsible to support Silver King Brasserie, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, In-Room Dining, and Beacon management team with the day-to-day operations for those outlets.
• Responsible for assisting in the daily function of operations to include Silver King, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, In-Room Dining, Beacon Social Drinkery and any other food and beverage special events as directed by the Multi Outlets Manager or Director of F&B.
• Manage the reservation and arrival process. This includes, but is not limited to, managing our reservation system, answering the phone, taking reservations, confirming reservations, performing call backs to guests, managing the nightly flow of guests, and managing promotions through CRM database.
• Maintain a presence at the host stand and drive the Arrival/Departure process. Greet guests, initiate conversations with guests and solicit feedback from guests.
• Assist with onboarding and training staff, with emphasis on the Host Staff
• Maintain professionalism with team members, managers, and guests.
• Open and close shift in accordance with the manager’s checklist when needed
• Handle daily scheduling of host team members and adjust when necessary
• Implement proper tools for running shifts: e.g. Schedules, floor plans, reservations, etc.
• Solve team member issues such as call outs or any other daily issue that should arise with team members
• Find solutions to guest issues such as last-minute changes in reservations, cancellations, etc.
• Stay on the floor the entire meal period
• Monitor hours and watch the flow of business and make cuts appropriately as to not negatively affect the service levels
• Ensure daily side work has been completed prior to staff leaving
• Ensure team is in proper uniform/approved attire
• Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ drinking by following TIPS practices
• Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages
• Monitor and maintain tables as needed
• Rotate stations fairly
• Demonstrate positive communication with team
• Maintain fair and consistent coaching and counseling where needed
• Attend meetings as necessary
• Communicate and maintain positive inter-departmental relations
• Communicate with managers and next shift any issues
• Perform other duties as management requests to service our guests
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or higher
• Previous Hospitality Food & Beverage experience required
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
• Experience with Micros POS preferred
• Experience with OpenTable restaurant management software or Yelp Reservations management software preferred
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to work long hours as needed
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
August 2, 2022