Reports to: Director of Catering & Conventions
Responsible for handling sales of all social catering opportunities for all event space in hotel, convention center, amphitheater and restaurant event space. Responsible for achieving and exceeding catering sales revenue goals, contracts and closes local catering corporate business. Ensures that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves catering revenue goals by actively selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages the sales efforts for the hotel and complex related to social catering business.
• Responds to incoming social and group catering opportunities for the hotel and complex
• Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Designs, develops, and sells creative catered events.
• Identifies and assists with selling, implementing and following-through on catering promotions.
• Promotes accountability to drive superior business results.
• Executes Sales strategies and business processes.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand
• Manages a team of social sales managers and holds each accountable for sales quotas
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals
• Established billing for definite function and ensures deposits are collected
• Proactively solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Maximizes revenue by selling packages and creative food and beverage offerings.
• Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations.
• Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the business.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with Sales and Marketing colleagues as well as other hotel departments to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
• Works with the property’s Food and Beverage team to develop menus that drive sales.
• Interacts effectively with vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments (including Sales, Kitchen and Events) in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Ensures that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Ability to assist the banquet and events team on special events when needed
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
Education & Experience
• 4-year Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Social Catering sales and Hotel experience preferred
• Familiarization of the local markets preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, Marriott systems, SFAweb and CI/TY
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to drive/transport self and others
• Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
• Long hours sometimes required
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
September 5, 2022