Position: Sales Executive for Residence Inn Wesley Chapel
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Reports to: General Manager and Director of Sales
Drives revenue to achieve hotel’s topline goals by proactively soliciting all business segments; to include new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads. Provides property support by coordinating and executing property internal mining efforts. Partners with Leadership to ensure competitive sales strategies are in place for the hotel and stay competitive within the market by aligning on sales activities to generate business and communicate real-time competitor intel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Ensures effective, efficient funnel management through available systems and collaborating with the Director of Sales.
- May work with Local Sales, U.S. Account Sales/GSO teams to drive production from targeted high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate business within the represented marketplace.
- Solicits new business from non-deployed small business accounts and leads sent through referral mechanisms.
- Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities, and actualized business when appropriate.
- Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g., solicitations, re-solicitations, account calls, site inspections, new business calls, face to face activities, etc.).
- Conducts customer facing sales activities on behalf of the hotel in partnership with Director of Sales as appropriate. (e.g., lunch and learns, social hours, company of the month activities, local industry events, Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities, etc.).
- Conducts site inspections for customer accounts as appropriate.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account
- Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers customers to market, field, hotel or national sales office, as required.
- Presents hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
- Utilizes negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to uncover new business.
- Uses all information systems (e.g., CI/TY SFA Web, MRDW, MarRFP-SAPP, and Hoteligence, to research the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for stakeholder hotels.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) to sell effectively against the competition.
- Communicates trends, opportunities, and market changes to appropriate parties, as needed.
- Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc.), to optimize sales revenues.
- Sets day-today priorities to complete assigned responsibilities
- Actively participates and contributes to Sales Strategy Meetings as appropriate.
- Adjusts to significant variation in daily workload through independent prioritization.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Building Successful Relationships
- Leverage deployed account resources to drive business for properties for identified hotels to pull-through business to grow account share.
- Participates in community and hotel networking events
- Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinate follow up efforts.
- Works collaboratively with all sales channels (e.g. the Multi-Hotel Sales, Account Sales and Global Sales) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary, and not duplicative.
- Handles customer care issues and as necessary, refers them to the appropriate owner.
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services customers to obtain and grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Current or recent hotel sales or sales coordinator experience.
- Current or recent experience in FOSSE, One Source, SFAweb or CI/TY preferred.
- Two- or four-year degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy, and speed to meet deadlines.
- Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to plan and develop procedures on all sales programs.
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
- Keep current in event management trends.
- Attend community events and industry meetings.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary