This position will jump start your sales manager or event manager career in the hospitality industry! We are looking for someone who loves working with other people, has a passion to sell or detail events, and wants to join a hotel family that makes events come to life! Of course we value experience, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
The Sales & Events Coordinator will assist the Senior Sales Manager, and Event Management team in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications through the sales team as well as light selling and event detailing duties to small special groups and functions. In addition, also responsible for ensuring that the administrative functions for all Sales, Catering and Events Team are handled. Sales & Events Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and detailing all public programming events.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Mainsail Lodging and Development standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes adhering to hotel dress code.
- Comply at all times with Mainsail Lodging and Development standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain sales files in an organized fashion and as per specified standards.
- Generate and process contracts, proposals, memos and general correspondence for sales & event managers.
- Process and distribute all event orders, banquet checks, revisions, guarantees, event reports, group resumes and daily event sheets for the Events Team.
- Answer phones for sales/catering staff; Record messages as appropriate. Qualify incoming inquiry calls and ensure all inquiries are dealt with accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- We are a hotel family. Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Assist managers on creative projects including hotel programming events, proposals, direct mail pieces, invitations, special events, etc.
- Work with Event Managers on detailing upcoming functions as needed, obtain guarantees, confirm arrangements, etc.
- Assist guests and clients with small changes, requests, etc., and completes needed paperwork for Manager.
- Site inspections for the department as needed including meeting with walk-ins if sales team is unavailable.
- Monitor/Ordering of office supplies and sales collateral to ensure we are properly stocked at all times with full packets, collateral, supplies and promotional items.
- Organize in house deliveries, amenities, welcome letters, transportation schedules, etc. as needed.
- Other items as they relate to the Sales and Marketing effort of the hotel as well as any other items as needed by entire management staff.
- Coordinate and prepare EO for special events as directed by Senior Sales Manager or Senior Event Manager.
- Maintain up to date details on events and communicate to staff.
- Use property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts within the CI/TY system.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Senior Sales Manager to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Flexible schedule to work evenings/weekends as needed.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree (AA) from 2 year college and/or two to three years of related experience or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hotel/ event planning and/or sales experience
- English language skills both written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
- Proficiency in Marriott CI/TY, Social Tables, and CVENT a plus!
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
- Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through. Analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Flexible or long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to travel if needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary