Reports to: Director of Sales
About the Fenway Hotel
Now Hiring at the Fenway Hotel! It’s time to write your own tune with us and join the band at Dunedin’s very own jazz inspired boutique hotel. Can you sing along? Apply today! The Fenway Hotel overlooks the beautiful Dunedin Channel offering views of breathtaking sunsets and gorgeous Florida waters. This Historic Jazz inspired property is a part of the Marriott Autograph Collection group. We’ve created a homage to Dunedin’s rich music history and a destination for those to get carried away in their own verse. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Sales Coordinator will assist, the Director of Sales, and Event Management team in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications through the sales team as well as light selling and event detailing duties to small special groups and functions. In addition, also responsible for ensuring that the administrative functions for all Sales, Catering and Events Team are handled. Sales Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and detailing all public programming events.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Mainsail Lodging and Development standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform.
· Comply at all times with Mainsail Lodging and Development standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maintain sales files in an organized fashion and as per specified standards.
· Type and process all contracts, proposals, memos and general correspondence for sales/catering staff.
· Process and distribute all event orders, banquet checks, revisions, guarantees, event reports, group resumes and daily event sheets for the Events Team.
· Answer phones for sales/catering staff; Record messages as appropriate. Qualify incoming inquiry calls and ensuring all inquiries are dealt with accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Type sales contracts, BEO’s, correspondence, reports, forms, direct mail pieces, etc., as needed by sales and events team.
· Assist managers on creative projects including hotel programming events, proposals, direct mail pieces, invitations, special events, etc.
· Maintain timely and effective paper flow and communication within department and to other departments.
· Maintain flow of sales contracts through proper distribution to client, team, and to appropriate dept. head.
· Work with Event Managers on detailing upcoming functions as needed, obtain guarantees, confirm arrangements, etc.
· Assist guests and clients with small changes, requests, etc., and completes needed paperwork for Manager.
· Site inspections for the department as needed including meeting with walk-ins if sales team is unavailable.
· Monitor/Ordering of office supplies and sales collateral to ensure we are properly stocked at all times with full packets, collateral, supplies and promotional items.
· Organize in house deliveries, amenities, welcome letters, transportation schedules, etc. as needed.
· Other items as they relate to the Sales and Marketing effort of the hotel as well as any other items as needed by entire management staff.
· Coordinate and prepare EO for special events as directed by Director of Sales or Event Manager.
· Generate Event Orders (EOs), as necessary.
· Maintain up to date details on events and communicate to staff.
· Use property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts within the CI/TY system.
· Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
· Flexible schedule to work evenings/weekends as needed.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Associate Degree (AA) from 2 year college and/or two to three years of related experience or training
· Equivalent combination of education and experience
· Hotel/ event planning and/or sales experience
· English language skills both written and spoken
· Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
· Proficiency in one or more of the following systems: Marriott CI/TY.
· Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
· Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through. Analyze and resolve problems.
· Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
· Flexible or long hours sometimes required.
· Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Ability to travel if needed
· Make sound judgments quickly
· Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
· Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
· Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
· Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
· Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
· Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
May 22, 2023