Now Hiring at the Wylie Hotel! We are looking for fun and enthusiastic individuals to join our team, apply now! Wylie Hotel is a modern boutique hotel in the heart of Atlanta. A revival of the original 551 Ponce, this boutique hotel retains the property’s legacy as a well-appointed, homelike bed-stop for locals and passer-throughs. With gentle charm and assured regulars, comfort is certain to seek you out in this home away from home.
The Sales and GM Coordinator will assist General Manager, Director of Sales, and Food & Beverage team in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications through the sales team as well as light selling and event detailing duties to small special groups and functions. In addition, also responsible for ensuring that the administrative functions for Sales and General Manager are handled.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Mainsail Lodging and Development standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes adhering to our style guide.
- Always comply with Mainsail Lodging and Development standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain Sales files in an organized fashion and as per specified standards.
- Assist General Manager to complete monthly GM summary
- Process all contracts, proposals, memos and general correspondence for sales.
- Process and distribute all event orders, banquet checks, revisions, guarantees, event reports, group resumes and Daily Event Sheets for the F&B Team.
- Answer phones for sales/catering staff if not picked up by third ring; Record messages as appropriate. Qualify incoming inquiry calls and ensuring all inquiries are dealt with accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Type, process and distribute all RFP’s as directed by Director of Sales.
- Type sales contracts, BEO’s, correspondence, reports, forms, direct mail pieces, etc., as needed by sales and F&B team.
- Assist managers on creative projects including proposals, direct mail pieces, invitations, special events, etc.
- Maintain timely and effective paper flow and communication within department and to other departments.
- Maintain flow of sales contracts through proper distribution to client, team, and to appropriate dept. head.
- Work with F&B Team on detailing upcoming functions as needed, obtain guarantees, confirm arrangements, etc.
- Assist guests and clients with small changes, requests, etc., and completes needed paperwork for Manager.
- Site inspections for the department as needed including meeting with walk-ins if sales team is unavailable.
- Enters group leads, builds opportunities and quotes in Opera
- Maintain constant paper flow of thank you letters for groups/functions and distributes accordingly to departments and maintain in files.
- Monitor/Ordering of office supplies and sales collateral to ensure we are properly stocked at all times with full packets, collateral, supplies and promotional items.
- Organize in house deliveries, amenities, welcome letters, transportation schedules, etc. as needed.
- Other items as they relate to the Sales and Marketing effort of the hotel as well as any other items as needed by entire management staff.
- Coordinate and prepare EO for special events as directly by General Manager or Senior Sales Manager.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree (AA) from 2 year college and/or two to three years of related experience or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hotel management training and reservations training desired
- English language both written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following systems: Opera preferrred
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
- Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through. Analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to travel if needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary