Location: FLORIDA (Remote)
Reports to: Corporate Director of Revenue
The Revenue Analyst is responsible for assisting the Corporate Director of Revenue, the Cluster Revenue Managers as well as MVR Operations & Business Development & the Mainsail Reservation Management team with room and rate configuration, inventory management, forecasting, data entry, reporting, building correspondence and maintaining marketing efforts in multiple systems. The Revenue Analyst is also responsible for acting as a liaison between operating departments to ensure a successful satisfaction. The Revenue Analyst will thoughtfully dazzle our internal and external guests with radiant service and unexpected surprises delivered with the utmost professionalism.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
- Understands the Vacation Rental Market, Vacation Rental data software, as well as channel management software.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Verifies that business booked is within vacation rental parameters.
- Understands and assists with Business Development data and reporting needs
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiatives/incentives
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Ensure configuration and testing performed on all units before they go live for online sales
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with appropriate individual or department
- At all times present and maintain high standards of communication, both written and verbal, to the internal and external client.
- To co-operate with the other departments to ensure a harmonious working environment & maximize efficiency.
- Balance inventory daily, ensure all rooms are bookable based on LOS and gaps filled where necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the forecast and other supporting documents for individual properties.
- Assist in managing room authorizations, rates, and restrictions, including communicating with rate restrictions and strategy to Reservation, Revenue and Property Management teams.
- Assist in the implementation of hotel sales strategies in the reservation and inventory systems.
- Assist Business Development Manager in any build out of newly onboarded inventory.
- Escalate technical questions relating to the reservations and property management systems to the Corporate Director of Revenue Cluster Revenue Team or Reservation Management team in a timely manner.
- Monitor the compliance with and participation in Company promotions and eCommerce channels.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Preferred: must have current knowledge of Vacation Rentals, and Property Management Systems, as well as Data Analytic software
- Two or four year degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
- Multi-task priorities, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to plan and develop procedures on all sales programs.
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the properties and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary