Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four-Diamond hotel and the first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants, two private beaches, on-site boutique, sundries shop with grab & go options, full-service provisions store and a 55-slip marina. The resort marina offers exhilarating excursions through Dive BVI, sailing certifications with Offshore Sailing School and is the base of operations for Dream Yacht Charter, the world’s leading charter company. Visit ScrubIsland.com to learn more.
To assist the Food and Beverage Manager in the overall management of the Restaurant and Room Service.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma required but College degree preferred.
- Communicate in a second language, preferably.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Previous Culinary training.
- Certification in an alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR
- Previous guest relations training
- Food Handlers Card
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers.
- Exert physical effort in transporting up to 50lbs.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Remain in stationary position for 5 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Oversee the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
- Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross training
- To be alert and ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the company.
- To be aware of and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To keep the staff informed of the Hotel and Restaurant objectives and standards.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To liaise with Reception and Reservations i.e. table reservations and special requests.
- To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service.
- To assist in the reaching of financial goals for the Food and Beverage department.
- To ensure that the Restaurant and Room Service areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health &Safety regulations and report any faults to maintenance.
- To be fully aware of the Hotels Fire Safety procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor.