- deep respect for someone or something.
- regard or treat with deep respect.
It’s about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of respect for farmers, fishermen, growers and makers. Curiosity to seek the means to the end. A commitment to understanding the process. Desire to nurture relationships.
Here, we’re moving beyond farm-to-table. At Reverence, it’s from heart to hand to the soul of our guests. We are as devoted to our craft as the farmers, fishermen, makers and growers we support.
Always inquisitive, forever students of the culinary origins. The back story comes before the glory. We are willing to try, willing to fail in order to improve, to be the best.
If spirit can be visible on a plate, it’s possible at Reverence. We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate the palate for an appreciation of the source.
What does reverence inspire in you? It’s your blank canvas. We’ve set the table, now join us!
WHO WE ARE SEEKING?
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about our brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success and profitability of Reverence. We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to bring the vision of Reverence to life. We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and we know the right General Manager will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also drive you!
- Provide inspirational leadership with an emphasis on operations, food and service quality, people development, hospitality, cleanliness, and sales/profitability
- Champion the guest experience while instilling a culture of guest first hospitality
- Collaborate with kitchen management to ensure strict standards for cleanliness, food safety, sanitation, food presentation, preparation times, freshness, and recipe adherence are met
- Be a wine ambassador and represent all wines on the list
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and recognition procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules, in an organized and timely manner
- Continuously develop and motivate the team to deliver legendary customer service. Conduct formal and on-the-job training sessions for front of house team members
- Solicit guest feedback to understand guest needs and the needs of the local community
- Utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in sales, promos, voids, labor costs, food costs and operational expenses
- Ensure the company’s policies and procedures are properly executed
- Communicate effectively and ensure all policies, procedures and safety initiatives are known and followed by the team
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other team-related actions in accordance with company Alert senior management of potentially serious issues
- Work with the kitchen management and mixologists to develop new menus to drive business and food trends with a goal of increasing business/profitability and ensuring repeat business
- Supervise and/or participate in the cleaning of the front of house to meet all health, sanitation and SafeStaff standards. Ensure that equipment is in proper working order; notify the maintenance department of any malfunctioning equipment
- Meet with Executive Chef and key team members to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent team members
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the Identify situations, which compromise the restaurant standards and delegate tasks accordingly
- Follow handwashing and virus prevention protocols
- Participate in the preparation of the outlet’s revenue plan and annual budget
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Maintain a sense of ownership for the restaurant
INTERACT WITH OUTSIDE CONTACTS:
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors to order supplies and equipment
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Effective and mindful communication We want you to lead, motivate, and inspire your team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical Mind: Ability to build a budget and read and comprehend P&L statements
- Attentional to detail
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts with 5+ years of experience as a Restaurant Manager in a high-volume, highly acclaimed local or regional restaurant environment
- Impeccable track record
- Proven history as a strong leader
- Alcohol awareness certification
- Valid health/food handler card by local or state government agency
REVERENCE CORE VALUES:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them
SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE