The Reservation Sales Agent will service and educate our guests on all aspects of Mainsail Lodging & Development properties via telephone, email, and other forms of guest communication.
- Meet or exceed expected performance standards. Including quality assuarnace measured goals, through Navis CRM.
- Provide excellent customer care while exceeding the expectations
- Determine the guest’s needs and provide detailed hotel and vacation rental benefits and features on all call types. Booking the highest revenue possible while meeting the needs of our guests as well as the goals of the company.
- Familiarity with Hotel/Condo & Vacation Rental Owner Rental Programs
- Identify and resolve customer service issues. This requires using all resources provided as well as communicating with internal staff to insure that all guest issues are resolved or directed to the appropriate resource.
- Participate in on-going training and stay abreast of updates related to various programs and processes, organizing and keeping all resources available for efficient reference.
- Proficiency on various reservations/computer systems is required.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
- All Group blocks to be built in all applicable reservation computer systems. (MARSHA, eTools, eRoomingList, Opera, CI/TY)
- Identify guest reservation needs, determine appropriate room type, and verify availability of room type and rate.
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with appropriate individual or department
- Input group rooming lists using reservation systems, revise room blocks to maintain the required number of available rooms, and keep organized files of all groups.
- Set-up proper routing instructions according to group and accounting policies.
- Assist with accuracy of room blocks and reservations
- Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue
- To liaise with the client on a timely basis in order to collect all relevant information to meet the client’s specific requirements.
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with guest or group contact, Sales Department, or Front Desk
- Assist Group Housing Manager with the balancing of group blocks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- At all times present and maintain high standards of communication, both written and verbal, to the client.
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with guest or group contact, Group Housing Manger, Sales Department, or Front Desk
- Assist with room blocks, reservations and routing.
- Communicate with Sales Coordinators and property staff to resolve errors related to group market codes not matching in the PMS and MARSHA systems.
- Set-up proper billing accounts (e.g., share-with, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing, and group bookings) according to accounting policies.
- Proactive group block management
- Must be able to represent Mainsail in a highly professional manner.
- Utilize solid judgment, product knowledge, technical knowledge, problem solving, and customer service skills to ensure that service/fulfillment of contractual requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Display excellent communication skills and the ability to meet sales and business objectives.
- Align with Sales to provide supporting service.
- Collaborate with internal customers (Sales, Front Desk, etc.).
- Drive owner usage/interest to owner website.
- Resort destination familiarity/knowledge.
- Fully cooperate with all monitoring and coaching activities to improve personal skills and performance
Minimum education required for competent performance:
High school graduate
Minimum experience (number of months/years and type of work experience beyond formal education):
(6) months previous hotel / reservations experience and or group housing training
MARSHA, Opera, LightSpeed & Escpaia PMS experience preferred
Excellent working knowledge of excel software
Essential knowledge, skills, equipment used, and abilities needed.
Excellent customer service skills
Good organizational and communication skills
Critical thinking skills
Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
Excellent Phone & Email Etiquette
Multi-tasking, being able to keep up in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
Constant communication with Reservation Manager, Group Housing Manager, Revenue Management, Sales and Catering staff, Front Desk staff, Hotel & Vacation Rental Property Managers. Regular communication with Maintenance and Housekeeping.
Constant communication with guests/clients.
- Physical demands of job:
Sitting – constantly
Walking, standing, reaching – frequently
Lifting, pushing, pulling – up to 20lbs – occasionally
Bending, kneeling, stooping – occasionally
- Mental demands of job:
Constant verbal and written communication Multi-tasking
Ability to work under pressures of time Ability to problem-solve, creative resolutions
- X Gives no supervision to others.
- ____ Gives some task specific supervision.
- ____ Responsible for work flow, production, training of new employees on several jobs,
and answering job-related questions.
- ____ In addition to “C”, assists in reporting on performance, recommending
advancements, and implementing new or changed procedures. Generally recognized Group Leader or Assistant Supervisor.
- ____ Has full, direct supervisory responsibilities.