Marriott’s Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experience that resists predictability.
Located on its own private island in the pristine waters of the British Virgin Islands, Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is a mixed use development including a full resort and residential / real estate component.
The Purchasing Director (International Purchases) is responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. They formulate an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. The Purchasing Director is responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for the resort, at the most competitive prices through International vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
- Communicates with department heads, kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.
- Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
- Calculates figures for Rooms division (linen & etc), food and beverage inventory.
- Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to respective Executive Member and Department Heads.
- Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
- Inventory pars/re-order quantities are established to include: lead times, economic evaluations considering quantity discounts, logistical expense.
- Continual sourcing for new vendors/products to enhance guest experience, improve efficiencies, profitability.
- Engaging bidding process to ensure lowest prices being paid
- Working with respective Executive Member and Department Heads to order products and goods based on business demand.
- Processing payments and invoices.
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy.
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives.
- Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
- Responsible for clearing of goods through customs barriers for importers and exporters.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years related previous experience, plus one to two years supervisory experience, in a luxury resort.
- Must be good at negotiating, networking and dealing with numbers, as well as dealing with other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues
- Minimum lifting of 20 pounds.
- Pushing, bending, stooping, upward reaching, manual dexterity.
- Hearing, writing, typing.
- Minimum pulling of 20 pounds.