Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
Position: Oxbow Bar & Grill General Manager
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
The Oxbow Bar & Grill General Manager is responsible to manage the day to day operations of the Oxbow Bar & Grill from the arrival experience to the completion of the guest experience ensuring positive guest retention. Ensures quality service standards are met and the guest experience is exceptional.
• Maintain compliance with Luminary Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development company core values.
• Create a positive atmosphere for guests and team members.
• Prepare all Oxbow Bar & Grill team member’s schedules according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines, and productivity requirements; submit completed schedules to the Director of Food & Beverage and when required to the General Manager and Human Resources.
• Review staffing levels to ensure exceptional guest service and operational needs are met and financial objectives are being met.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Luminary Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development’s policy, following a schedule which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain accurate payroll for all team members within the department in payroll software system ADP Total Source. Comply with deadlines to ensure proper hours, PTO, and Holidays are paid out correctly.
• Participate in required meetings to include: Departmental, Staff, Manager, and any other meetings.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing proper professional attire.
• Comply with all safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations and OSHA guidelines.
• Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents in Oxbow Bar & Grill. Assist if needed in other F&B outlets in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner including follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Assist bartenders, servers, server assistants, and hosts on the floor during meal periods and peak times.
• Supervise daily shift operations working closely with Assistant Managers and Supervisors.
• Conduct daily pre-shifts meetings to inform team of the hotel happenings.
• Work with Director of Food & Beverage on conducting monthly meetings with department to review scores, training, and any hotel / department items.
• Uphold standards regarding purchase orders, voucher of invoices, and checkbook accounting according to Mainsail Lodging & Development standards.
• Maintain service and sanitation standards in restaurant and bar/lounge areas in compliance with the state regulations.
• Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages.
• Complete all required training from Mainsail Corporate and as directed by Director of Food & Beverage.
• Ensure compliance with all F&B policies and procedures by training, supervision, hands on approach, and follow- up.
• Control costs by conducting daily/monthly par checks and inventory to review portion control, reduce waste, and ensure no interruption of service.
• Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and maintain low beverage cost.
• Assist in the planning and adjusting of menus by consulting with the Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
• Monitor dining room floor and bar/patio. Assist where needed.
• Prepared to work a variety of shifts – including but not limited to opening shifts (7am), mid-shifts (12pm) and closing shifts (4-5pm) that could last until 1 or 2am.
• Conduct table touches during meals and/or upon guest departure to solicit feedback on the service, quality of food, and the overall impression of the experience to make adjustments when necessary
• Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures
• Train, motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all F&B team members according to the Luminary Hotel standards with supervision from Director of Food & Beverage.
• Promote open lines of communication with all management and team members and maintain a professional work environment.
• Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably, prioritize team member retention.
• Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets; keep SDS’s current and easily available.
• Maintain and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to Luminary Hotel standards.
• Participate in monthly review of P&L reports with Director of Food & Beverage.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Food & Beverage or Luminary Hotel General Manager.
Education & Experience
• Minimum 2 years in Managerial role at a high-volume bar, lounge and/or fine dining restaurant or hotel.
• Extensive knowledge of wine and spirits is required.
• Fine Dining, Lounge and Bar knowledge is required.
• Micros, Open Table, and ADP knowledge preferred.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to drive/transport self and others
• Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
• Ability to work long hours as needed
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
September 6, 2022