Mainsail Vacation Rentals is a division of Mainsail Lodging & Development, and is a full-service property management company specializing in managing and marketing vacation rental properties for owners in multiple locations is seeking an Operations Manager for its Anna Maria Island location, A self-starter with outstanding work ethic and a desire to learn. Strong sense of efficiency, effectiveness and customer service are a must, plus strong Microsoft Office, verbal and written communication skills. The ability to multi-task, as well as work with and also manage others in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is imperative. This person must have ability to analyze situations, problem solve and make decisions that are both efficient and effective, while keeping different customers objectives in mind, and also being mindful of the decisions’ financial implications to the company and property owners. Experience in vacation rental reservations, sales, housekeeping and maintenance is desired.
Our ideal candidate has the experience necessary to:
- Ensure all office operations are executed and adhered to per specific company policies and procedures including purchasing, inventory, housekeeping, maintenance, property owner and guest relations.
- Convert leads for rental units into signed contracts
- Maintaining brand standards
- Ensure a positive culture where teamwork allows the work can get done, while facilitating open and positive communication between employees, property owners, vendors and other departments.
- Direct cooperation and communication with our corporate departments, ensure standard procedures are followed with 3rd party relations.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of independent contractor cleaners, and vendors, making sure they properly execute agreed terms and conditions and quality of work is aligned with company standards.
- Supervise, coach, and discipline office staff as required to maintain properly functioning operations.
- Handle emergency phone calls.
- Support the General Manager of Waterline Villas & Marina with operational requirements.
- Assign tasks and accountability necessary to accomplish day-to-day duties while embracing the “hands-on” philosophy.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report outstanding performance as well as deficiencies.
- Facilitate all administrative functions necessary to maintain properly functioning operations.
- Implement and manage operational plans as directed by direct supervisors and company policy and procedures.
- Drive initiatives of the company that contribute to short-term and long-term operational excellence.
- Formulate suggestions on how to make optimum use of the current resources of the organization that will improve overall performance while supporting Mainsail Lodging & Development visions and philosophies.
- Manage difficult guest situations and unit owner situations, responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to request for service and assistance and meet commitments.
- Supervise the audit properties for cleaning and maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Executive Leadership, as needed, to maintain company standards and operating efficiencies.
- The position will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Strong verbal and written skills; Microsoft Office Computer Proficiency
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs unassisted and climb stairs.
- Live in the Anna Maria Island, Sarasota FL area
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Days/Hours of Work: The position will require you to work from the Anna Maria Island, FL office Wednesday-Sunday, while also being on call for emergency consultations over the weekend.
Benefits – 401K plan with company match, 6 paid holidays per year, company health Insurance plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) upon the first day of employment and may begin using it after 90 days.
Seniority Level – Mid-Senior level