Role: Stay Sojo Operations Associate
Reports to: General Manager
Location: On site, Atlanta, Georgia and surrounding areas
Hours: Monday to Friday (Guest needs may require Saturday and Sunday), 8am – 4:30pm
Salary: $18 – $20 per hour
About Stay Sojo
Introducing Stay Sojo; a rebranded and expanded evolution of Mainsail’s Corporate Housing venture. Inspired by the word “sojourn,” Stay Sojo is designed to meet the needs of a new category of professional traveler in search of the flexibility, freedom, and comfort to live their own on-the-go experience. Stay Sojo offers quick and easy access to fully furnished, expertly styled one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment homes in more than 100 cities throughout the U.S., the U.S., available for short- and long-term stays.
The Stay Sojo team is made up of innovative and savvy individuals. Together, we create spaces for the modern professional to work, live, and play. But more than that, we challenge the status quo. Our team thrives off a shared vision. We set goals for success and strive to create an environment based on support, trust, and respect. The synergy of individuals is what makes our world go round.
Overview of the role
The Operations Associate ensures our upscale furnished corporate apartments throughout the area are in excellent condition for our guests’ arrival. They will deliver and pick-up housewares at our various apartments, inspect cleanliness and condition of furniture, housewares, technology, and apartment and correct or report any problems. In addition, there will be warehouse duties to include preparation of housewares for delivery, inventory, laundry, etc. Providing exceptional guest service is also an important part of this role so good communication skills is important. This person will also be instrumental in our growth as the Sojo Market expands in the future.
What you have
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- 6 months’ experience as mobile housekeeper, or operations service staff
- A valid driver’s license for the applicable state – driving record must be within acceptable insurance requirements.
- Good communication skills – must be able to communicate needs and understand assignments.
- Ability to use a wide range of cleaning products and utensils, in accordance with OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Previous warehouse experience, specifically in inventory control, loading, and unloading goods
- Ability to use technology, e.g., tablets, iPads, computers, and homeware devices
- A sense of ownership in everything that you do
- Proven experience in problem solving, especially when concerning guest needs
What you’ll do
- Complete daily schedule tasks including pickup and delivery of housewares, set up of housewares, daily cleaning taks, and daily warehouse duties
- Inspect furnished apartments for cleanliness, functionality and condition of furniture
- Participate in warehouse duties which include inventorying house wares, sorting and filling bins, delivery, and sorting
- Report or attempt to solve any issues reported by guests in a quick, courteous, and professional manner
- Assist with move -in and move -out inspections of apartments
- Verify functionality of internet, cable, phone, alarm code, and share any issues with management
- Heavy cleaning of apartments when needed (toilets, ovens, floors, etc.)
- Drive daily to work onsite at apartments and service those apartments
- Attend, participate, and assist in department meetings as necessary
- Other necessary duties as reasonably assigned by Manager
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend
- Ability to lift, pull 50 lbs
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the property, the resort, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary