Role: Stay Sojo Operations Associate
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Atlanta and surrounding areas
Hours: Monday to Friday (Guest needs may require Saturday and Sunday)
8am –4:30pm with possible overtime
Introducing Stay Sojo; a rebranded and expanded evolution of Mainsail’s Corporate Housing venture. Inspired by the word “sojourn,” Stay Sojo is designed to meet the needs of a new category of professional traveler in search of the flexibility, freedom, and comfort to live their own on-the-go experience. Stay Sojo offers quick and easy access to fully furnished, expertly styled one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment homes in more than 100 cities throughout the U.S., the U.S., available for short- and long-term stays.
We believe in people first
The Stay Sojo team is made up of innovative and savvy individuals. Together, we create spaces for the modern professional to work, live, and play. But more than that, we challenge the status quo. Our team thrives off a shared vision. We set goals for success and strive to create an environment based on support, trust, and respect. The synergy of individuals is what makes our world go round.
Build a career with us
We care about the longevity and success of our team. Joining the Stay Sojo team is an opportunity to change the hospitality industry for the better. If you love helping people thrive in a fast-paced world, using your creativity to disrupt the old ways of doing things, and embrace the freedom to live as a modern professional, we’d love to connect.
The Operations Associate ensures our upscale furnished corporate apartments throughout the area are in excellent condition for our guests’ arrival. They will deliver and pick-up housewares at our various apartments, inspect cleanliness and condition of furniture, housewares, technology, and apartment and correct or report any problems. In addition, there will be warehouse duties to include preparation of housewares for delivery, inventory, laundry, etc. Providing exceptional guest service is also an important part of this role so good communication skills is important. This person will also be instrumental in our growth as the Sojo Market expands in the future.
- Ensure adherence to Core Values of Mainsail Management Group, Inc.
- Complete daily schedule of tasks to include:
- Packing and unpacking bins in warehouse
- Deliver and set up housewares in furnished apartment
- Pick up housewares from furnished apartment
- Assist with housekeeping and Change of Resident cleanings
- Maintain inventory of housewares in warehouse
- Attend to maintenance needs of furnished apartment
- Meet with guests if needed to resolve guest needs
- Complete Oscar Dash forms assigned each day
- Drive daily to the jobs needed driving a company vehicle
- Heavy cleaning of apartments when needed (toilets, ovens, floors, etc.)
- Verify functionality of internet, cable, telephone, alarm code and report any malfunctions to Operations Manager/Guest Service Manager.
- Assist with move-in/ move out inspections of apartment condition for pickups and setups and relay any noted problems (damages etc.)
- Inspect furniture condition on regular basis to insure furniture functionality and quality, report information to Operations Manager
- Various warehouse duties – to include preparation of setup bins, shipping/receiving, inventory, laundry
- Report any issues or malfunctions of fleet vehicles
- Follow Lost and Found SOP
- Report or attempt to solve any problems or issues reported by guests in a quick, courteous, and professional manner.
- Maintain good relations with all guests, vendors, and apartment community partners
- Attend, participate, and assist in department meetings as necessary
- Actively participate in accident prevention and safety
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months’ experience as mobile housekeeper, or operations service staff.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the applicable state – driving record must be within acceptable insurance requirements.
- Good communications skills – must be able to communicate needs and understand assignments.
- Ability to use a wide range of cleaning products and utensils, in accordance with OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Following ergonomic safety practices with respect to lifting and movement; using standard safe trade practices (e.g., proper usage of chemicals, etc.); using personal protective equipment as suggested; using OSHA-mandated and/or proper/accepted work practices.
- Position requires full range of physical abilities, including moving throughout apartment buildings, walking, climbing stairs, bending, kneeling, stooping, accessing all spaces, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicle distances up to 4 hours away.
- Work both indoors and outdoors as necessary.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.