Reports to: Director of Sales
Position: National Account Executive
Reports to: Director of Sales
The National Account Executive provides strategic outside sales and business development in their assigned geographic territory, vertical market industries, and other areas as necessary. The primary responsibility of the National Account Executive is to generate new corporate accounts in a wide variety of industries with extended stay business needs through cold calling, prospecting, and networking. As an Account Executive, you must be self-motivated and driven to succeed; you must be tenacious, have a strong drive for results, superior negotiation skills, and the ability to build solid business relationships. You need to have the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to engage a variety of audiences and convey information in a compelling way that garners positive results. In addition, the National Account Executive should have great telephone and in person presentation, excellent grammar and writing skills, and be creative, and well organized. They should also be friendly, energetic, assertive and should maintain a professional demeanor and relationship with clients, industry associates, Stay Sojo associates, stakeholders, and partners.
*Candidates in Eastern United States preferred
New Account Acquisition
• Create a sales pipeline and close new corporate accounts through proactive outreach to prospective clients utilizing a combination of email campaigns, cold calling, networking, and market research.
• Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements.
• Cultivate and build strong business relationships with key corporate decision makers (i.e., HR (Human Resources), Procurement, Travel Managers, Global Mobility, Office Managers, Project Leads).
• You will be actively researching and qualifying prospective territory accounts, including identifying the purchasers and key buying behaviors.
• Develop a sales strategy, including comparing and evaluating services to make proper recommendations based on needs analysis.
• Collaborate with all internal necessary internal stakeholders.
• Lead the sales process from the qualify to win stages, including research and prospecting, proposal development, conducting presentations, negotiating pricing and terms, and presenting the contract to close the sale.
• Ensure all activity goals are met and entered in the CRM for tracking purposes.
• Build, strengthen, and expand relationships with existing clients.
• Identify opportunities for expanding product offerings and ensuring accounts are managed according to goals, objectives, and Service Level Agreements.
• Schedule regular business reviews with all existing clients with frequency and content based upon each client’s needs and requirements.
• Demonstrate value to your client and contacts based upon their role and area of interest.
• Forecast and track key account metrics.
• As the lead you will be maintaining a consultative relationship with the territory account purchasers and influencers to ensure renewal and a continued growth path.
• Your accounts may involve collaborating with other company stake holders on strategic goals.
• Provide excellent customer service to clients, responding to queries in a timely and professional manner from the point of negotiation and beyond, with professional standard materials and presentations.
• Maintaining the accuracy of territory account administration by proactively updating account information and ensuring your record keeping is consistent and current in the CRM.
• Handling prospective client inquiries for both personal and corporate travel
• Educating potential customers on corporate housing and the benefits for their extended-stay accommodation needs.
• Act as a brand ambassador for the Company; communicating a bold vision for the corporate clients and the industry.
• Attend client meetings, industry conferences, events, and functions to gain intelligence, build sales pipeline and promote future business.
• Build rapport, then qualify business thoroughly to gain a complete understanding of their needs, budget, decision making process, etc.
• Identify new opportunities and macro/micro market trends – pricing comparisons, amenities and service provision, unit mix and local area features; and shares this knowledge with the business.
• Ensure that all data entry is complete, accurate, and updated, as necessary.
• Follow up on all pending business in a timely manner using creative sales tactics to turn prospects into an active booking client.
• Negotiate rates and lease terms with clients.
• Understanding of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and how to sell against them.
• Knowledge of market condition, economic development plans, relocating business, etc.
• Attend networking events, tradeshows, and educational trainings/webinars.
• Provide up-to-date information on pending business and sales reports as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree is required
• 3-5 years selling in a B2B environment with the responsibility for self-generated leads and territory management
• Hospitality/Service background, preferred
• Strong prospecting and networking skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and diplomatically with internal and external guests.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to develop PowerPoint presentations.
• Experience in other Microsoft programs a plus
• CRM experience
• Travel as necessary
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to work long hours as needed.
• Make sound judgments quickly.
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
• Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others.
• Work with differing personalities within the office, the properties, guests, and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems, as necessary.
November 20, 2022