Reports to: General Manager
Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: General Manager
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality
trends. Desire to nurture relationships.
We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the
Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
Who we are seeking:
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring
deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and
culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and
community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity,
collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help
bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and
know the right Marketing Manager will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we
are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary
experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation, curation and management of organic content
(video, photography and written word) at the property level with direct oversight of specific social
channels as designated by management. Marketing Manager will also support all marketing activities,
promotions, strategies and tactics to increase awareness and drive revenue to the hotel through room
nights, outlet covers and banquet business. They will be assisting the corporate marketing team, our 3rd
party marketing partner(s) and the on property team with their everyday operational materials and
items to ensure exceptional service to all guests that is consistent and continually in accordance to the Autograph Collection standards under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development. The successful
candidate will also be required to collect and review social media and marketing data to develop more
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Manage the messaging and execution of key marketing tactics, which may include engaging
Web content, direct marketing campaigns, social media and electronically distributed
• Creation of all organic content at a hotel level.
• Work closely with the marketing team (corporate and 3rd party) to develop social media
campaigns that help to achieve marketing goals.
• Work with 3rd party marketing partners to develop monthly reports on emerging social
media trends that will be submitted to the management and executive teams.
• Monitor the company’s social media accounts and third-party review channels, while
directly interacting with customers.
• Create methods for finding and saving online customer reviews.
• Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly
reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the
digital marketing plan.
• Assist General Manager, Sales and Culinary teams with content creation during on and
• Professional communication while using technology.
• Develop on-property marketing materials, while upholding all brand standards.
• Assist with the maintenance, tracking and efficient use of allocated funds for the various
• Respect all guests, team members, and management by maintaining a positive, friendly
• Ability to interact with guests and share hotel knowledge using personalization, such as
using the guest name.
• Maintain guest confidentiality following all hotel procedures.
• Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in public areas.
• Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and/or in rooms.
• Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
• Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Generate incremental room sales and food & beverage revenues, by managing effective
marketing campaigns which can be directly measured.
• Ensure successful performance through the creation and curation of exceptional content to
ensure high performing metrics on social media channels.
Education & Experience
• Four year college degree or 2 years of experience in the hospitality industry
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of all pertinent social media platforms
• Knowledge about photography
• Knowledge and understanding of photo editing apps
• In Design knowledge is preferred
• Proficient in a variety of software programs including Adobe Suite, WordPress, Word,
PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads, smart phone
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to squat and bend
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to work long hours as needed
• Ability to lift/push/pull 25 lbs.
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying, and solving problems as necessary
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
• We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
• We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen
through proactive behavior
• We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
• We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
• Work is an important part of life and should be fun
• We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same
vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
• We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and
• We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be
truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AS STATED ABOVE AND ACCEPT THAT ANY OF THE
TASKS MAY BE MODIFIED OR CHANGED. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR KNOWING THE MODIFICATIONS
AND / OR CHANGES IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION. I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB
AS LISTED ABOVE, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Team Member Signature Date Supervisor Signature Date
SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Mainsail Lodging & Development is an equal opportunity employer.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment
screening, including a background check is required for all candidates offered a position
June 3, 2021