A legacy defined by an emotional connection between our location and nautical orientation.
Anna Maria Island is an experience of history and heritage – Old Florida preserved by the sun for the next generation of visitors. Crystal clear water, miles of white sandy beaches, and genuine relaxation. Where time slows to a crawl and life becomes less complex. Laid-back. Simple. Crossing over a bridge from the mainland, one leaves the burden of everyday worries for a more balanced state of being.
Waterline is “the level reached by water, visible as a line on a boat, beach or bank.” It is the line where two things come together and exist harmoniously in the same space.
For us, it’s a genuine connection and experience that’s shared by residents and visitors alike.
Waterline signifies you are no longer on hectic, real-world time. You are on island vacation time. Embodying the spirit of Anna Maria Island, Waterline builds on the Old Florida heritage that so many visitors hold dear, while offering new experiences and distinct amenities in a modern resort. It’s where you belong.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service and repair of equipment as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest/residents requests, other work orders as assigned as well as the outside grounds upkeep and building cleanliness. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, etc., as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Maintenance or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred but not required (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, A/C, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Ability to use technology
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and residents.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests, residents and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Mainsail Lodging & Development standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of Mainsail Beach Inn.
- Sand, stain/paint & maintain beach furniture to keep in excellent repair.
- Empty garbage bins daily & maintain bins in a like new condition.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Mainsail Lodging & Development’s standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Follow all resort complex and departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and safety hazards immediately/assists with safety concerns.
- Handle and complete guest /owner maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair & upkeep of equipment.
- Replace A/C filters on a quarterly basis – maintain filter log.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest/owners units to include: vinyl repair, touch up paint, minor furniture repair, tub caulking, tile repairs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines, refrigerators, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, HVAC.
- Perform plumbing repair, laundry equipment repair, preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause – determine emergency status and report to the Engineering Manager with findings.
- Keep assigned equipment and work areas clean and orderly
- Do regular property tours of garden and full exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically, sweep shell & rock area so they look tidy & clean out guest wash stations regularly.
- Complete all appropriate Maintenance forms, and maintain accurate maintenance logs for inspections
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Use proper two way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott.