The soon-to-open Residence Inn by Marriott® Tampa Wesley Chapel is located on the 120-acre campus of the Wiregrass Ranch Sports Complex of Pasco County. Our hotel provides more space and more flexibility, so our guests can travel the way they love to live. 128 spacious suites with full kitchens, expansive outdoor spaces, an on-site market, and a robust, daily hot breakfast create a homelike atmosphere. The Skybox, the only rooftop bar in Wesley Chapel, features spectacular views, refreshing beverages, and small plates.
The hotel Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service, and repair of equipment as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest/residents’ requests and other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, etc., as assigned.
Status: Non- Exempt — $17/ hour + Benefits
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Mainsail Lodging & Development standards
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Always comply with Mainsail Lodging & Development’s standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Report emergencies and safety hazards immediately/assists with safety concerns.
- Handle and complete guest maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Replace A/C filters
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest units to include vinyl repair, touch up paint, minor furniture repair, tub caulking, tile repairs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines, refrigerators, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, HVAC.
- Perform plumbing repair, laundry equipment repair, preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause – determine emergency status and report to the General Manager with findings.
- Keep assigned equipment and work areas clean and orderly
- Do periodic property tours and exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Complete all appropriate Maintenance forms, if applicable
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Always use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- General maintenance experience required
- Previous hospitality maintenance experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to squat and bend
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Ability to lift / push / pull 50 lbs.
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary