It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality trends. Desire to nurture relationships. We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
Who we are seeking: We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right General Maintenance Technician will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
Job Summary: The General Maintenance Technician essential functions are to ensure proper operations and maintenance of Epicurean Atlanta. The Engineering Supervisor is responsible of supporting the company goals of guest satisfaction, employee engagement, cost control and profitability. S/He is also responsible for overseeing the Preventative Maintenance program, ensuring that all guest units/suites and public space meet standards. The Engineering Supervisor also ensures compliance with all requirements from the Fire Department and maintains up to date all Federal/State or Local governing agents’ certifications.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property and company standards
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Always comply with property, company, and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Follow all departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and safety hazards immediately/assists with safety concerns.
- Consistently utilize Empower guest experience tool to rapidly respond to guest requests, as well as track and review all departmental cases
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Replace A/C filters
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest units to include vinyl repair, touch up paint, minor furniture repair, tub caulking, tile repairs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines, refrigerators, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, and HVAC systems as required in the properties maintenance plan.
- Perform plumbing repair, laundry equipment repair, preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause – determine emergency status and report to the Engineering Manager with findings.
- Keep assigned equipment and work areas clean and orderly
- Do periodic property tours of exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Complete all appropriate Maintenance forms, if applicable
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Always use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- 1-2 years’ experience in general maintenance
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to squat and bend
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All Team Members must realize this fact and be always aware that it may be necessary to move Team Members from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business, and a hospitable service atmosphere must be always projected.
SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE Mainsail Lodging & Development is an equal opportunity employer.