This position is responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and advice to hotel staff and guests using computers and computer peripherals. He/she will troubleshoot and diagnose issues as reported by staff, gather data to identify staff needs, and then use that information to identify, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements. He/she will also assist other hotel staff to conduct user training in the proper use of new hardware and software as it is introduced. He/She will work with corporate IT staff as needed or in conjunction on certain projects or escalations.
**Please note, Luminary Hotel & Co. is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Receive, configure, install and support computer hardware and peripherals in a networked environment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware and software issues for users in their workspace
- Assist the Network Administrator and other IT staff in the roll-out of network, operating system and software upgrades and patches as those requirements arise
- Use common hand tools, diagnostic and predictive software and tools to perform routine maintenance and upgrades on computers, peripherals and network hardware and appliances
- Perform other departmental duties as may be required by Management
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free work environment
- Ability to assist with AV needs including setting up projectors, laptops, and basic AV needs
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Associate degree in a computer related discipline is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in computer hardware support and maintenance is preferred
- Previous hotel or hospitality experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills-written and verbal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under a fast pace work environment and demanding guest situations
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers, guests and vendors
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.