The Hotel Openings and Capital Projects Manager is responsible for managing the overall direction, completion, and budget of each assigned hotel construction project as the ideal candidate will have multiple implementation, data center, high availability and security solution proven experience. The candidate will need to demonstrate a high degree of competency in analysis, troubleshooting, documentation, and project management. They will plan and coordinate all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the network, telecommunications, mail and mobile systems. This position will also be responsible for maintaining PCI Compliance programs for the entire Mainsail portfolio.
**Please note, Mainsail is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Manage and participate in the day-to-day event response, incident/problem management for the voice/data networks, and the network hardware/software in order to minimize the duration of network service interruption.
- Ensure the appropriate tools and resources are in place to enable the team to respond quickly to outages and trouble reports.
- Install, configure and test enterprise level network and server systems while ensuring and maintaining a high level of security.
- Provide oversight for design/architecture, definition and enforcement of standards, security, sustainability/scalability, capacity planning and operations of our current and next generation systems.
- Analyze business operations, specify and report inefficiencies, research top technologies, recommend cost effective solutions, plan and perform the implementation of systems-related policies, procedures and standards.
- Configure and optimize all telephone systems and services, voicemail and VOIP communications systems, Exchange, mobile, unified communications and video conferencing environments.
- Establish disaster recovery plans for the Wide Area Network whenever data is lost from electronic databases.
- Will lead project delivery in support of continued compliance with payment card standards.
- Responsible for the selection and delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions.
- Lead the development and execution of risk assessment methodologies to fit business, regulatory, and technical environment considerations
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree in related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 8+ years’ experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts as applied to access management and network security technologies, hardware, software, data, network communications, and people.
- Project management experience, ability to drive and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to work, communicate and present information to others outside of Information Technology including external contacts.
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) DSS, Audit or Compliance experience is required
- Security Certifications preferred: CISSP, CISM and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation Professional, or equivalent certifications) preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.