Sometimes, to make something great, you have to start from scratch. We’ve crafted a foodies paradise. A wine lover’s dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
At Epicurean, we believe in curating incredible experiences so that connoisseurs of life can celebrate all of the wonderful flavors that it has to offer – and discover the truth hidden in new awakenings. We’ve created a one-of-a-kind place where people can come savor fantastic experiences and Awaken Appetites Unknown.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates human resources activities and delivers personalized service to ensure a positive work environment for our team members. Areas of responsibility includes recruitment, payroll, staff recognition, benefits administration, employee on-boarding and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Recruits and interviews candidates; provides management with hiring recommendations.
- Coordinates hiring process, including but not limited to conducting background and reference checks, negotiating salary offers, and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communication.
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Coordinates programs to attract qualified candidates through the design and placement of position announcements, advertising, and/or participation in job fairs.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees; communicates findings to management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the organization’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
- Coordinates distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to Employee Policy handbook, 401(k) open enrollment, and employee recognition.
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
- Coordinates administration of workers’ compensation and unemployment claims.
- Assists in administration of company compensation and benefits programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred –OR– Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry is preferred
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on with Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with ADP Workforce Now platform a plus
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Diversity–Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time
- Continually required to sit for extended periods of time
- Occasionally required to travel for meetings within a mile range of 50 miles
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 15 pounds
Ability to work long hours as required