Supports the Area Director of Human Resources with the day to day HR functions and responsibilities of newly opened hotel property, which continues to open outlets in multiple phases. The primary responsibilities are to deliver personalized service and ensure a positive work environment for our team members. Areas of responsibility include new team member recruitment, hiring, on-boarding & retention, payroll administration, staff recognition, benefit eligibility tracking & administration, maintenance of employee records, and assistance with training and development.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Perform a variety of administrative functions for the Human Resources department: daily recruitment procedures, data entry, file management, employment verifications, reference checks, training class registration and preparation of materials.
- Execution of and distribution of weekly, monthly or quarterly reports, to include monthly birthday and anniversary, weekly overtime, timecard exception, monthly benefit eligible, monthly turnover, etc…
- Greets all visitors of the Human Resources department with genuine hospitality, answering questions and inquiries or taking personal responsibility to seek answers and follow up.
- Maintain the strictest of confidentiality at all times on matters pertaining to the company and the team members and Maintains open door policy.
- Ensure hotel compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Practice positive employee relations.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening, and reference checking of all exempt and non-exempt personnel.
- Maintain recruitment and training spreadsheets, sending updates to managers as assigned.
- Sets interview appointments for hiring department managers, follows up accordingly with additional interviews.
- Completes data entry and validation of employee’s information into HRIS system, ADP Workforce Now.
- Retrieve, sort, and file all information in accordance with filing system, maintaining the personnel and confidential files in an organized system. Assist with conducting file audits.
- Maintain orderliness of office supplies and equipment.
- Participate in and monitor Safety Committee in compliance with Loss Prevention SOPs
- Assist with implementation of injury prevention programs, conduct detailed accident investigations, and closely manage medical claims on a case by case basis to minimize workers’ compensation costs and enhance profitability of the hotel
- Assist in maintaining Team Member recognition program.
- Assist in maintaining new hire and ongoing training programs.
- Ensure the highest level of guest service by performing routine spot checks of service standards and operational procedures
- Other duties as assigned by Area Director of Human Resources.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred -OR- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Previous human resources, and/or office administrative experience required
- Experience in the hospitality industry is required
- Excellent customer service and employee relation skills excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with ADP Workforce Now platform a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Have a general understanding of employment laws
- Ability to work independently in a timely and productive manner
- Flexibility in a busy atmosphere, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact with a variety of people and provide excellent customer service
- High attention to detail and accuracy with all work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive staff information
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
- Ability to work long hours as required
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.