Reports to: Executive Housekeeper
Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of all functionalities within the Housekeeping Department in accordance to the Marriott Tribute Portfolio standards under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development.
· Preserve the company’s core values in accordance with Mainsail Lodging & Development to ensure the highest level of integrity and honesty.
· Assist the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Housekeeping Manager with implementing the key control system for the housekeeping department.
· Monitor all rooms to include appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of rooms to ensure the appearance of luxury hotel standards.
· Conduct daily stand ups with housekeeping team focusing on opportunities and special requests and V.I. P.’s.
· Assist with banquet function of the hotel to include set up of tables and chairs
· Personal grooming and appearance to be of a professional manner and fit the hotel theme.
· Train and operate all company cell phones and radios in a professional manner to maintain proper radio etiquette.
· Variable work schedule to meet the demands of the operation contingent on occupancy and may include long hours to include holidays.
· Conduct daily inspections for all arriving V.I.P.’s
· Ensure lobby, guest hallways, back of house and housekeeping areas are cleaned and well organized at all times.
· Retain detailed inventory of all needed housekeeping supplies and amenities for monthly/quarterly ordering.
· Ensure guest confidentiality, privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures.
· Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all housekeeping according to progressive discipline guidelines.
· Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures.
· Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Report all incidents to Director of Rooms Operations and or Human Resources.
· Uphold a professional working relationship to stimulate open lines of communication with all team members, management and owners.
· Empowers team members to provide a personal guest experience.
· Uphold and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to hotel standards.
· Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and / or accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Prepare team member schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
· Greet and welcome all guests in public areas with a sociable welcome.
· Process, monitor and maintain guest laundry requests. (property specific)
· Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
· Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental and daily stand up meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Maintain the organization and privacy of the hotel and department documents
· Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and investors.
· Maintain extraordinary GSS scores to safeguard our Franchise License.
Education & Experience
· Previous hospitality / hotel experience preferred
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Ability to use technology
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to climb stairs/walk for long lengths of time
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Ability to bend, squat and reach
· Corrected vision to normal range
· Ability to drive/transport self and others
· Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
· Long hours sometimes required
· Make sound judgments quickly
· Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
· Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
· Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
· Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
· Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
· Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
· Ability to interpret, read and communicate information
April 28, 2023