* Due to the economic impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus), Mainsail is encouraging persons who are interested in any of our open positions that match your skills, knowledge, and ability to apply. Although we are delighted in you applying at this time, we are, however, following the guidelines of the CDC whereby you may be called for a phone or video interview initially instead of in-person interview.
Please note, certain positions may have a delay in being filled due to this recent pandemic. Thank you again for your interest in applying to work at Mainsail. *
Do you excel at meeting your goals through organization, multitasking and self-motivation?
Hoping to take your hospitality / operations experience to the next level? Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader. At Oakwood Worldwide, we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests.
We are currently seeking a housekeeping operation lead to join our Oakwood/ExecuStay team. If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, works well independently, and has a “customer service spirit” that pushes you to go above and beyond with the confidence to speak up and share your good ideas, we want you!
**This position is part time based in our Memphis market, with our ExecuStay franchisee, Mainsail Housing of Tennessee, LLC / Hours are typically between 8:30 – 5:30 **
Housekeeping – Operations – Leadership
What’s in it for you?
Our associates enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and an empowering work environment. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive hourly wage as well as these benefits:
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 401k available
- Bonus/Incentive Potential
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
Job Summary: The housekeeping operations lead is responsible for ensuring cleanliness and operation standards in our furnished apartments, before, during and after guest’s stays. This position will have exceptional attention to detail and provide service to all guests that is consistent and in accordance with brand standards. This position is multi-faceted and includes working with our guests, apartments communities and our vendors out in the field. Daily tasks will include, but are not limited to, meeting vendors at apartments, performing pre-arrival inspections, weekly/bi-weekly housekeeping, change of resident cleaning, managing in room documents and collateral and providing customer service to guests.
- Adhere to the Core Values of Mainsail
- Complete daily schedule of tasks to include performing regular housekeeping apartment cleans as well as change of resident cleans. Cleaning must be performed to standards
- Inspect furniture condition on a regular basis to ensure functionality and quality, reporting any defects upon discovery
- Inspect apartments using phone-based app to ensure adherence to brand standards
- Maintain the highest standards of quality for apartments and furnishings, reporting maintenance issues and scheduling replacement of furniture as necessary
- Print and place in-room collateral to meet brand standards
- Confirm functionality of in-room services (WIFI, cable, etc.) and report any malfunctions.
- Ensure proper operation of all keys and access devices left in apartment for guests and correct quantities in accordance with brand standards
- Create and maintain a close working relationship with property staff and outside vendors to ensure the optimum willingness to work with us and service our guests
- Responsible for management of apartment keys, ensuring proper coding and accounting in accordance with brand standards
- Provide client tours of apartment communities and units as needed
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Communicate with all departments to ensure that customer service expectations are met
- Create a positive, friendly atmosphere for guests and other team members
- Follow lost and found policies
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years related housekeeping/hotel operations experience or related field required
- Ability to interact patiently, tactfully and diplomatically with guests, vendors and team members
- Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid drivers license, driving record within acceptable insurance requirements and dependable transportation required (must maintain clear driving records throughout employment)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to use a wide range of cleaning products and tools in accordance with OSHA and safety guidelines
- Position requires full range of physical abilities, including moving throughout apartment buildings, accessing all spaces
- Ability to work through problems and make sound judgments
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks in a day/week within the allowed time
- Able to work independently, motiving oneself to achieving goals
- Comfortable driving to various locations
- Able to maintain composure under stressful, high pressure situations
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests
- Capable of staying composed and objective in demanding guest and vendor situations