Join our team! Embark a career in one of downtown Macon’s few remaining historic high-rises, the boutique hotel is aptly named after its location on an iconic 45-degree angle, formed by Cherry and First Streets with Cotton Avenue.
Job Summary: Hotel Forty Five is seeking a Housekeeping Manager who is a motivated and passionate leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and personal presentation. The ideal leader would have a demonstrated ability to lead a multicultural team, as is solid business acuity and a passion for service.
The Housekeeping Manager will ensure all our guests’ accommodation, and all areas in the front and back of house are always maintained to the highest level of cleanliness. The Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department by establishing and controlling planned cleaning schedules and working closely with the Front Office department to ensure that guest accommodations are ready in a timely manner. They will assist Supervisors with training and supervision of housekeeping staff.
- Preserve the company’s core values in accordance with Mainsail Lodging & Development to ensure the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Develop room inspection program to ensure high level of cleanliness to include rooms, public areas, team member work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas.
- Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments. Proficient in hotel operating system, OPERA PMS preferred, to ensure proper breakout of house.
- Serve as property cleanliness champion, fulfilling all necessary duties as prescribed by Marriott
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive COVID-19 cleanliness, prevention, and response strategy
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints, and accidents presented to housekeeping in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. Report all incidents to the hotel general manager.
- Monitor all rooms to include appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of rooms to ensure Marriott and Mainsail Brand Standards are achieved
- Conduct daily stand ups with housekeeping team focusing on opportunities and any special requests and V.I. P.’s.
- Conduct OSHA training with housekeeping team and maintain compliant on an annual basis.
- Continuous observation of all safety standards in accordance with all OSHA regulations.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets. Keep SDS sheets current and easily available.
- Personal grooming and appearance to be of a professional manner and fit the hotel theme.
- Train and operate all company cell phone and radios in a professional manner to maintain proper radio etiquette.
- Variable work schedule to meet the demands of the operation contingent on occupancy and may include long hours to include holidays.
- Implement and oversee the key control system for the housekeeping department.
- Continuous training and development of all housekeeping staff to include any new procedures / policies.
- Retain detailed inventory of all needed housekeeping supplies and amenities for monthly / quarterly ordering.
- Assist with monthly inventories in housekeeping department to include linen/laundry items to ensure adequate supplies for the hotel.
- Ensure guest confidentiality, privacy, and security by correctly following hotel procedures.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all housekeeping according to progressive discipline guidelines.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures.
- Uphold a professional working relationship to stimulate open lines of communication with all team members, management, and owners.
- Uphold and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to hotel standards.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and / or accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain Housekeeping team’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Completes housekeeping schedule per labor guidelines and ensures that all shifts are covered in the event of staff call-offs.
- Greet and welcome all guests in public areas with a sociable welcome.
- Process, monitor and maintain guest laundry requests.
- Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental and daily stand-up meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- 2-year associates degree or higher preferred.
- 2-years of hotel Housekeeping managerial experience preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use technology.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.
About Hotel Forty Five Tribute Portfolio Hotel: Hotel Forty Five, owned by IDP Properties and Mainsail Lodging & Development, is a 94-room boutique hotel in Macon, Georgia. Joining Marriott’s Tribute Portfolio, an exceptional collection of independent hotels and resorts with unique personalities and spirit, Hotel Forty Five celebrates the building’s original character and historic significance. Each of Hotel Forty Five’s rooms and suites immerse guests in a timeless experience, providing the ideal space to rest and recharge. Vintage design elements with rich contrasting colors and copper metal accents are featured throughout creating a redefined yet classic finish. Hotel Forty Five boasts three different dining concepts, Loom, Hightales Rooftop Bar and Reckon Coffee & Wine Bar. Occupying one of downtown Macon’s few remaining historic high-rises, the boutique hotel is aptly named after its location on an iconic 45-degree angle, formed by Cherry and First Streets with Cotton Avenue. For more information visit hotelfortyfive.com, or follow along on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Full-Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision · HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options · Basic Life & Disability Plan Options · 401(k) Retirement Plan · Paid Time Off · Holiday Pay · Career Training & Development Opportunities · Tuition Reimbursement · Bereavement Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Jury Duty (may vary by state) · Employee Discounts · Employee Referral Bonus · All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal