We are Now Hiring at Hotel Forty Five! We are seeking passionate, innovative, and visionary individuals, apply today! In a city of diverse cultures, beautiful architecture, and rich musical history, you’ll find Macon, GA. Here, you’ll find Hotel Forty Five, which embodies all these aspects that make Macon, Macon. Opening its doors in January of 2022, Hotel Forty Five is waiting for you! Looking to hire late November.
Job Summary: The Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for the supervision of all functionalities within the Housekeeping Department. In addition, this role will be responsible for overseeing administrative functions of the engineering department including labor and AP function. This would include ensuring the highest level of cleanliness of all rooms and public areas within Hotel Forty Five and following cleanliness procedures.
Status: Exempt – $60,000 annually + Benefits
Full-Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision · HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options · Basic Life & Disability Plan Options · 401(k) Retirement Plan · Paid Time Off · Holiday Pay · Career Training & Development Opportunities · Tuition Reimbursement · Bereavement Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Jury Duty (may vary by state) · Employee Discounts · Employee Referral Bonus · All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal
Part-time associates receive all the above benefits with the exception of Medical Insurance & Holiday Pay. These part-time voluntary benefits are 100% employee paid.
- Preserve the company’s core values in accordance with Mainsail Lodging & Development to ensure the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Develop room inspection program to ensure high level of cleanliness to include rooms, public areas, team member work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas, and grounds.
- Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments. Proficient in hotel operating system, OPERA PMS preferred, to ensure proper breakout of house.
- Serve as property cleanliness champion, fulfilling all necessary duties as prescribed by Marriott
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive COVID-19 cleanliness, prevention, and response strategy
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Report all incidents to the hotel general manager.
- Monitor all rooms to include appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of rooms to ensure Marriott and Mainsail Brand Standards are achieved
- Conduct daily stand ups with housekeeping team focusing on opportunities and any special requests and V.I. P.’s.
- Conduct OSHA training with housekeeping team and maintain compliant on an annual basis.
- Continuous observation of all safety standards in accordance to all OSHA regulations.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets. Keep SDS sheets current and easily available.
- Personal grooming and appearance to be of a professional manner and fit the hotel theme.
- Train and operate all company cell phone and radios in a professional manner to maintain proper radio etiquette.
- Variable work schedule to meet the demands of the operation contingent on occupancy and may include long hours to include holidays.
- Implement and oversee the key control system for the housekeeping department.
- Continuous training and development of all housekeeping staff to include any new procedures / policies.
- Retain detailed inventory of all needed housekeeping supplies and amenities for monthly / quarterly ordering.
- Assist with monthly inventories in Housekeeping department to include linen/laundry items to ensure adequate supplies for the hotel.
- Ensure guest confidentiality, privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all housekeeping according to progressive discipline guidelines.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures.
- Uphold a professional working relationship to stimulate open lines of communication with all team members, management and owners.
- Uphold and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to hotel standards.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and / or accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain Housekeeping team’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Completes housekeeping and engineering schedule per labor guidelines and ensures that all shifts are covered in the event of staff call-offs.
- Greet and welcome all guests in public areas with a sociable welcome.
- Process, monitor and maintain guest laundry requests.
- Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental and daily stand up meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- 2-year associates degree or higher preferred.
- 2-years of hotel Housekeeping managerial experience preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use technology.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.