Mainsail Corporate Housing offers temporary accommodations with a next-level service philosophy. We offer premium fully-furnished apartments in central locations nationwide, where you want to be, with a range of 1, 2 + 3 bedrooms options available for short or long-term stays. Based in Tampa, FL since 2002, Mainsail Housing is committed to providing quality accommodations at a fair price, coupled with extending exemplary, next-level service to each and every guest. To our core, we believe that the key to success is to create an atmosphere that is conducive to personal growth + happiness for our customers, guests and team members.
Job Summary: The Housekeeping Associate ensures our upscale furnished corporate apartments throughout the area are in excellent condition for our guests’ arrival. They will deliver/pick-up housewares at our various apartments, inspect cleanliness and condition of furniture, housewares, technology and apartment and correct or report any problems. In addition, there will be warehouse duties to include preparation of housewares for delivery, inventory, laundry, etc. Providing exceptional guest service is also an important part of this role so good communication skills is important.
Status: Non – Exempt — $15/ hour + Benefits
Full- Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision · HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options · Basic Life & Disability Plan Options · 401(k) Retirement Plan · Paid Time Off · Holiday Pay · Career Training & Development Opportunities · Tuition Reimbursement · Bereavement Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Jury Duty (may vary by state) · Employee Discounts · Employee Referral Bonus · All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal
Part-time associates receive all the above benefits with the exception of Medical Insurance & Holiday Pay. These part-time voluntary benefits are 100% employee paid.
- Ensure adherence to Core Values of Mainsail Management Group, Inc.
- Complete daily schedule of tasks to include:
- packing and unpacking bins in warehouse
- deliver and set up housewares in furnished apartment
- pick up housewares from furnished apartment
- assist with housekeeping and Change of Resident cleans
- Complete Oscar Dash forms assigned each day
- Drive daily to the jobs needed driving a company vehicle
- Heavy cleaning of apartments when needed (toilets, ovens, floors, etc.)
- Verify functionality of internet, cable, telephone, alarm code and report any malfunctions to Operations Manager/Guest Service Manager.
- Assist with move-in/ move out inspections of apartment condition for pickups and setups and relay any noted problems (damages etc.)
- Inspect furniture condition on regular basis to insure furniture functionality and quality, report information to Operations Manager
- Various warehouse duties – to include preparation of setup bins, shipping/receiving, inventory, laundry
- Report any issues or malfunctions of fleet vehicles
- Follow Lost and Found SOP
- Report or attempt to solve any problems or issues reported by guests in a quick, courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain good relations with all guests, vendors and apartment community partners
- Attend, participate and assist in department meetings as necessary
- Actively participate in accident prevention and safety
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months’ experience as mobile housekeeper, or operations service staff.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the applicable state – driving record must be within acceptable insurance requirements.
- Good communications skills – must be able to communicate needs and understand assignments.
- Ability to use a wide range of cleaning products and utensils, in accordance with OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Following ergonomic safety practices with respect to lifting and movement; using standard safe trade practices (e.g., proper usage of chemicals, etc.); using personal protective equipment as suggested; using OSHA-mandated and/or proper/accepted work practices.
- Position requires full range of physical abilities, including moving throughout apartment buildings, walking, climbing stairs, bending, kneeling, stooping, accessing all spaces, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicle distances up to 4 hours away.
- Work both indoors and outdoors as necessary.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.