We are hiring at the new Epicurean Hotel in Midtown Atlanta! Do you think you have the right ingredients to add to the mix? Apply today! The Epicurean is a Food & Wine inspired hotel, a part of Marriott’ Autograph Collection Franchise. We’ve crafted a foodies paradise. A wine lover’s dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Hotel Maintenance Technician will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
The Hotel Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with and learning the skills to provide upkeep of the general property, its equipment, systems, rooms, furnishings interiors or exteriors of the hotel and provide proper guest services under the direction of Engineering Supervisor, Director of Engineering and or General Manager.
- To continually support and improve engineering services that effectively address problems affecting both guests and associates.
- Guest Rooms – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets and programming TV’s.
- Public Areas – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing and/or adjusting all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical, HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Fire Alarm/Life Safety System – to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation – to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Tools – to clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies – to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety – to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records – to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Departmental Duties – to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
- Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order.
- Follow up on any items that may be on back order.
- Keep supervisor updated on assignments.
- Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Strive to become an independent mechanic, able to analyze problems and to formulate plans to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior painting experience within the trade or in a hotel environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to squat and bend
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying, and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them