Who we seek:
The Epicurean Hotel in Tampa is looking to add a new Maintenance Technician to their team. This person will be accountable for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service and repair of equipment as assigned. They are also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned. They are also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, light A/C repairs, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing and drywall repairs as assigned.
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our EPIC team! Do you think you have the right ingredients to add to the mix? Apply today! The Epicurean Hotel is located on South Howard Avenue and sits across the street from the world-renowned Bern’s Steak House. The Epicurean is a Food & Wine centric Autograph Collection Marriott Hotel. We’ve crafted a foodie’s paradise. A wine lover’s dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we need from you:
We are seeking individuals who are ready to curate experiences, will make a lasting first impression on our guests and embody the hotel through their high energy personality! If you are a perfectionist, enjoys meeting new people, have the will to learn, and likes to work in a fast – paced environment, this could be the position for you.
Be part of an established, incredible hotel to work for – we have been recognized as “Best in Travel” in Trip Advisor’s 2022 Travelers’ Choice Awards!
The ideal candidate will have previous maintenance experience working in a hotel maintenance environment, be a reliable employee, exhibit teamwork, and add value to our organization.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for building.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, electronic systems and controls, fire alarm systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
- Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
- Clean up tools, equipment and supplies and return them to the area they are stored properly and effectively.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties as needed, preservation of resources, assets, supplies and physical property at all times.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Actively engage and promote safety and safe work practices, interdepartmentally and hotel wide.
- Display basic computer skills, program TV’s, door locks, repair and replace door locks, understand telephone systems, lighting systems, operate smart phone and related tracking programs, and be adept and able to assist with any of the before mentioned items.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and always thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Hotel building systems or a hospitality related Maintenance field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade(s) preferred but not required (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, A/C, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have adequate knowledge of computer and tech related equipment I.E. (hotel locking systems, telephone, television, internet, energy management and lighting systems)
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the issues raised by Managers, staff members and guests.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Availability must be flexible to work Weekends and or Holidays, days or night shifts based upon business needs.
- Must possess and display outstanding personal and professional integrity at all times.
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others.
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior.
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers.
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun.
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents.
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them.