Reports to: Front Office Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: Guest Service Host
Guest Service Host is a unique position in which the person will be responsible for providing exceptional guest service to the guests at Greenhouse, a private hotel. The Host will be at the top of their game, show an energetic disposition and great sense of humor! The host will serve as the first impression of the property and be responsible for providing a welcoming and hospitable stay experience for each guest.
A Day in the Life of the Guest Service Host
• Ability to interact with guests by providing exceptional customer service and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest name.
• Assist and resolve any guest inquiries and/or concerns.
• Execute all required Front Office reports and checklists as outlined by leadership.
• Serve as a concierge by providing local information for shopping, dining, and recreational destinations as requested by guests.
• Respond to and resolve all guest inquiries and/or opportunities utilizing appropriate empowerment guidelines.
• Maintain cleanliness and order at Front Desk, lobby, and common areas.
• Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
• Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements..
• Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
• Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room to hotel leadership.
• Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
• Follow hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
• Perform other duties as management requests to service our guests.
• Perform Housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, certain cleaning, fold linen when needed.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or higher
• Previous hospitality experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to bend.
• Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Corrected vision to normal range.
• Ability to work long hours as needed.
• Make sound judgments quickly.
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
November 21, 2022