About Hotel Forty Five
Hotel Forty Five, owned by IDP Properties and Mainsail Lodging & Development, is a 94-room boutique hotel in Macon, Georgia. Joining Marriott’s Tribute Portfolio, an exceptional collection of independent hotels and resorts with unique personalities and spirit, Hotel Forty Five celebrates the building’s original character and historic significance. Each of Hotel Forty Five’s rooms and suites immerse guests in a timeless experience, providing the ideal space to rest and recharge. Vintage design elements with rich contrasting colors and copper metal accents are featured throughout creating a redefined yet classic finish. Hotel Forty Five boasts three different dining concepts, Loom, Hightales Rooftop Bar and Reckon Coffee & Wine Bar. Occupying one of downtown Macon’s few remaining historic high-rises, the boutique hotel is aptly named after its location on an iconic 45-degree angle, formed by Cherry and First Streets with Cotton Avenue. For more information visit hotelfortyfive.com
Overview of the role
General Manager functions as the operational leader of the hotel with responsibilities including guest and employee satisfaction, financial performance, sales, and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both management company and property ownership. Ensures implementation of the Tribute Portfolio brand service strategy and initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, increased profit, and market share. Holds departmental team accountable for strategy execution and guides their individual professional development. This position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. Represents Mainsail and Tribute Portfolio brand values in all leadership actions.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test is required for all candidates offered a position.
What you have
- Previous General Manager experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hospitality field, relatable to Rooms and F&B experience
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal formats
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work with, understand, and interpret financial information, hotel operations data, forecasting proficiency, and balance sheet information
- Budget knowledge, especially in hospitality scope
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
- Experience in leading and managing a team to achieve ambitious goals, and coaching a team on how to deal with challenges and overcome them
- Exceptional customer service skills
- 4-years bachelor degree
What you’ll do
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment
- Lead and develop the hotel executive team to ensure career progression and development
- Provide effective leadership to all hotel team members
- Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the owner and investors.
- Be a brand champion by being a role model for both Hotel Forty Five and Marriot brand standards
- Prepare, present, and take ownership for achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing and Sales Plan, and Capital Budget
- Act as final decision maker in property issues, and ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all heads of departments, in order to ensure compliance of Mainsail Lodging and Development’s Core values.
- Other necessary duties as reasonably assigned or required
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to drive/transport self and others.
- Ability to travel on occasion for meetings.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Must be effective in handling guests’ issues, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the business need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by staff and guests.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.