Come be a part of one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S. and enjoy the good life on the West Coast of Florida. We are looking for an experienced professional to assist us in building this business on Anna Maria Island, Florida. This is a unique opportunity, as our rental clients will benefit from the amenities of a four star luxury resort with beach and marina access.
We seek a self-motivated person with hospitality experience and an entrepreneurial spirit who can manage all aspects of the day-to-day business including operations, staff supervision, guest communications and satisfaction, owner communications and revenue fulfillment, as well as work with the principals to grow the business and improve processes and results.
**Please note, Mainsail is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Initiate and activate a vacation rental management business unit for our company through the deliberate implementation of a strategic marketing plan
- Manage office operations and personnel to ensure that all reservations and guest interactions are performed to the established standards and requirements.
- Monitor housekeeping and maintenance efforts and ensure that the services are meeting our standards. This is the basis for excellent guest and owner experiences, repeat bookings, positive guest reviews, and well-maintained homes.
- Continuously identify and implement improved processes in all areas of the business.
- Develop and support programing to constantly improve owner and company revenue and improve customer satisfaction.
- Work with principals to optimize rental pricing/bookings and develop channel strategies that support this.
- Take ownership of homeowner relations and satisfaction. This includes working with them on needed home improvements and maintenance, satisfying their specific requests related to their home and communicating with them about their results and home condition on a regular basis.
- Implement aggressive marketing plans to grow the business by attracting the most desirable homes in the area to our portfolio.
- Keep current on new technology that is available to our industry and suggest/integrate those enhancements that will advance our business.
- Provide required reporting and operational updates on a regular basis to the principals. It is critical that the GM understands what decisions are within the role and what must be discussed with the owners of the business. Scope of decision-making for the business will grow with experience.
- Recommend organizational staffing structure and needs to principals and participate in the hiring and training of all personnel.
- 4-year college degree in Travel Industry, Hospitality or Business Administration (preferred)
- 3+ years proven work experience in the vacation rental or hotel management field. (preferred)
- Management of teams of 4 or more with proven success at building a cooperative, happy work environment. (required)
- Strong computer skills and proven adaptability to new software applications. Must have very good knowledge of Microsoft Office products. (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. (required)
- Good working knowledge of home repairs and maintenance. (preferred)
- Innovative and creative learner.
- Ability to identify process inefficiencies and correct in order to optimize work efforts.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and work, meet deadlines and assure high-quality and accuracy.
- Proven experience in managing operational budgets and overall Profit and Loss of enterprise
- Real estate sales experience. (optional)
What We Offer:
- A salaried position competitive for the industry and applicable to your experience
- Incentive plan to recognize profitable results of the business unit
- An opportunity to live and work in a wonderful part of the world!
- A strong and supportive team (principals and employees) that constantly strives to improve
- This position will also be supported by the resources and operations team of a luxury 4 star resort
What We Require:
- Resume showing details of work history and education
- Last three years of salary history
Once Selected and Conditional Offer Extended to Candidate:
- Acceptable driving record and pre-employment screening including credit, education and job history, and criminal
- Acceptable review of references provided