Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager
The Front Desk Supervisor will be responsible for supervising front office staff including the Front Desk, Night Audit, and AYS Agents. The Front Desk Supervisor will also serve as the manager on duty (MOD) of the hotel as the need arises and assists in ensuring the front office staff provides exemplary service to all hotel guests.
• Assist management in training, motivating, and coaching employees to embody hotel culture and provide guests with the hotel’s story.
• Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Ability to interact with guests and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest name and responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel to each guest.
• Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
• Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room keys.
• Serve as a concierge by providing local information for shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations. Be prepared to assist guests in setting up reservations or tours in the area.
• Assist with guest luggage and receive, store, and deliver both luggage and mail.
• Assist in driving hotel shuttle to locations within 3 miles
• Coordinate any necessary information between housekeeping and the front desk.
• Provide room rate quotes and upsell to guests when possible.
• Assist with MOD (Manager on Duty) responsibilities as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of hotel and Marriott Bonvoy program.
• Learn & excel in Lightspeed PMS system.
• Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
• Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
• Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room
• Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room
• Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision
• Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
• Any other duties requested by management.
• Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or higher
• Previous hospitality experience preferred
• Lightspeed PMS experience preferred
• Previous Marriott experience preferred
• Excellent phone & customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to bend
• Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to work long hours as needed
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
April 8, 2022