We are Now Hiring at Hotel Forty Five! We are seeking passionate, innovative, and visionary individuals, apply today! In a city of diverse cultures, beautiful architecture, and rich musical history, you’ll find Macon, GA. Here, you’ll find Hotel Forty Five, which embodies all these aspects that make Macon, Macon. Opening its doors in January of 2022, Hotel Forty Five is waiting for you! Looking to hire late November.
Job Summary: The Front Office Manager will be responsible for day to day Front Office operations including the staff of Front Desk, Night Audit, PBX operator. Ensures the Front Desk staff provides exemplary service to all hotel guests to deliver a memorable guest experience.
Status: Exempt — $65,000 annually + Benefits
Full-Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision · HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options · Basic Life & Disability Plan Options · 401(k) Retirement Plan · Paid Time Off · Holiday Pay · Career Training & Development Opportunities · Tuition Reimbursement · Bereavement Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Jury Duty (may vary by state) · Employee Discounts · Employee Referral Bonus · All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal
Part-time associates receive all the above benefits with the exception of Medical Insurance & Holiday Pay. These part-time voluntary benefits are 100% employee paid.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction and follows up on all guest issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Proficient in hotel property management systems, OPERA PMS experience preferred.
- Executes the hotels unique arrival strategy by ensuring guest services team achieves all service related touchpoints
- Leads staff by example while managing and motivating front desk personnel.
- Process guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Coordinates the pre-arrival process to ensure guest needs of transportation, airport transfers, room assignments, special requests, and billing requirements are met per hotel standard.
- Maintains guest confidentiality.
- Develops and implements the guest arrival experience to provide a unique and memorable hotel welcome.
- Develops and implements mobile check-in arrival experience utilizing Marriott prescribed systems.
- Strong communication with other departments (e.g., Engineering, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest calls, requests, or issues.
- Responds to guest requests or feedback and takes action to address all Front Desk issues.
- Champions and utilizes all functions of Marriott’s GXP platform (guest experience and rapid response)
- Ensures full compliance of Marriott and Mainsail brand standards and the passing of department Quality Assurance items.
- Trains and encourages staff to embody hotel culture and provide guests with the hotel’s story.
- Recognizes and communicates to team any hotel VIPs and provides extra touches when warranted.
- Empower Front Desk staff to act and resolve guest issues to the best of their ability.
- Provide local information for shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Receive, store, and deliver luggage and mail/packages.
- Responsible for ensuring guest credit is procured and all accounting procedures are followed by Front Desk staff. Resolves guest accounting issues as needed.
- Respond to guest inquiries.
- Provides ongoing training and feedback to staff via monthly department meetings, performance reviews, and one-on-one sessions.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions and act as needed, complete safety training and certifications.
- Completes Front Desk schedule per labor guidelines and ensures that all shifts are covered in the event of staff call-offs.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Ensures Front Desk staff adheres to hotel grooming guidelines.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
- Manages departmental profit and loss statement in compliance with operating budget
- Any other duties requested by management.
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience.
Education & Experience
- 2-year associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 2 years Hotel Front Desk managerial experience
- Excellent phone & customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary