Now Hiring at the Fenway Hotel! It’s time to write your own tune with us and join the band at Dunedin’s very own jazz inspired boutique hotel. Can you sing along? Apply today! The Fenway Hotel overlooks the beautiful Dunedin Channel offering views of breathtaking sunsets and gorgeous Florida waters. This Historic Jazz inspired property is a part of the Marriott Autograph Collection group. We’ve created a homage to Dunedin’s rich music history and a destination for those to get carried away in their own verse. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
Front Desk Supervisor is a unique position in which the individual will be responsible for directly overseeing the day to day functions of the Front Desk, Bell Services, and Concierge Services. The Host will serve as a role model and leader in maintaining a unique, professional, and most importantly hospitable warm arrival / departure experience.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Ability to interact with guests by providing exceptional customer service and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest name.
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel and the hotel’s unique story to each guest.
- Process and supervise mobile arrivals and execute flawless service in remote check in area according to property, company, and brand guidelines.
- Ensure front desk team actively engages guests in and promote hotel loyalty program including new guest program enrollments.
- Collect and verify methods of payment, produce room keys for all guests ensuring guest confidentiality throughout their stay and beyond.
- Assign and escort guest to rooms according to their preferences paying attention to those nonverbal cues that make each experience memorable.
- Serve as initial point of escalation any guest billing inquiries and/or concerns.
- Serve as department champion for Empower guest experience tool to reference, maintain, and add guest requests and preferences in accordance with property, company, and brand guidelines.
- Ensure team executes all required front office reports, pre-arrival planning, and checklists
- Serve as a concierge by providing local information for shopping, dining, and recreational destinations. Be prepared to assist guests in setting up reservations or tours in the area.
- Assist with guest luggage and receive, store, and deliver both luggage and mail.
- Serve as initial point of escalation to resolve all guest inquiries and/or opportunities utilizing appropriate empowerment guidelines.
- Serves as property MOD in the absence of senior leadership
- Assist in creating and managing department schedules.
- Ensure team follows scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room to hotel leadership and/or loss prevention team
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
- Perform other duties as management requests to service our guests.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality supervisory experience preferred
- Previous Lightspeed PMS experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend.
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.