Front Desk Attendant is a unique position in which the attendant will be responsible for Front Desk, Bell Services, and Concierge Services. The Attendant will serve as the first impression of the property and be responsible for providing a unique, professional, and most importantly hospitable warm arrival / departure experience.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
Ability to interact with guests by providing exceptional customer service and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest name.
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel and the hotel’s unique story to each guest.
- Assign and escort guest to rooms according to their preferences paying attention to those nonverbal cues that make each experience memorable.
- Process mobile arrivals and execute flawless service in remote check in area.
- Ability to engage and navigate high tech amenities and applications.
- Collect and verify methods of payment, produce room keys for all guests ensuring guest confidentiality throughout their stay and beyond.
- Serve as a concierge by providing local information for shopping, dining, and recreational destinations. Be prepared to assist guests in setting up reservations or tours in the area.
- Assist with guest luggage and receive, store, and deliver both luggage and mail.
- Respond to guest inquiries.
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous Opera PMS experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend.
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations.
Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary