We are hiring at the Epicurean Hotel in South Tampa!
Who we seek:
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our EPIC team! Do you think you have the right ingredients to add to the mix? Apply today! The Epicurean Hotel is located on South Howard Avenue and sits across the street from the world-renowned Bern’s Steak House. The Epicurean is a Food & Wine centric Autograph Collection Marriott Hotel. We’ve crafted a foodie’s paradise. A wine lover’s dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we need from you:
We are seeking individuals who will make a lasting first impression on our guests, embody the hotel through their high energy personality, and someone who is ready to curate experiences. If you are a perfectionist, enjoys meeting new people, have the will to learn, and likes to work in a fast – paced environment, this could be the position for you. The Epicurean Front Desk Agent is a unique position in which the host will be responsible for Front Desk, Bell Services, and Concierge Services.
Be part of an established, incredible hotel to work for – we have been recognized as “Best in Travel” in Trip Advisor’s 2021 Travelers’ Choice Awards!
- Assign and escort the guest to rooms according to their preferences paying attention to those nonverbal cues to make each experience unique.
- Assist guests to their rooms.
- Assist with guest luggage.
- Provide room quotes and upsell to the guest when possible.
- Ability to interact with guests and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest’s name.
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel to each guest.
- Maintain guest confidentiality.
- Share knowledge of featured wine.
- Produce room keys for all guests ensuring guest confidentiality throughout their stay and beyond.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel and brand rewards.
- Provide local information for shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Receive, store, and deliver luggage and mail.
- Run errands for guests.
- Make travel arrangements for guests to include sightseeing and other tours.
- Assist with coordination between Housekeeping and Front Desk.
- Verify charges/collect payment from guests for room stays.
- Respond to guest inquiries.
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in the room.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use technology e.g., tablets, iPads.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend.
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others.
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior.
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers.
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun.
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents.
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them.
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business, and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.