Position: Food & Beverage Manager
Location: Clearwater, FL
Reports to: Director of Outlets
The Karol Brand:
The Karol Hotel epitomizes a new era in the age of travel, blending the timeless surroundings of Feather Sound with a new hotel experience that celebrates the happenstance of life. With its stylish lobby restaurant, a lively rooftop bar overlooking the waters of Tampa Bay, a resort-style pool and fitness center, and expansive event space, this boutique hotel is a true gem located just off the coast. Explore the sights of St. Pete- Clearwater and Tampa within minutes and embark on a Florida adventure without limits.
The K Club Brand:
Savor unforgettable cuisine in a chic intimate atmosphere at our sublime signature restaurant, offering indoor and outdoor dining. Indulge in culinary riches inspired by the fresh flavors of the Florida coast at K Club Bar & Bistro.
The Hotel Restaurant Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible to manage all the hotel F&B outlets from the arrival experience to the completion of the guest experience to ensure positive guest retention. Micros and Open Table experience preferred. Knowledge of wine and spirits a plus.
- Maintain compliance with The Karol Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development company core values
- Create a positive atmosphere for guests and team members
- Manage the day to day operations, ensuring quality service standards are met and the guest experience is exceptional
- Prepare all F&B team member schedules according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines, and productivity requirements; submit completed schedules to the General Manager and Human Resources when required
- Review staffing levels to ensure exceptional guest service and operational needs are met and financial objectives are being met
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The Karol Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development’s policy, following a schedule which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain accurate payroll for all team members within the department. Comply with deadlines to ensure proper hours, PTO, and Holidays are paid out correctly.
- Participate in required meetings to include: Departmental, Staff, Manager, and any other meetings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing proper professional attire
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations and OSHA guidelines
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents at all F&B outlets in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner including follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Assist servers, server assistants, and hosts on the floor during meal periods and peak times
- Supervise daily shift operations working with Restaurant Managers
- Conduct daily pre-shifts to inform team of the hotel happenings
- Work with Director of Outlets on conducting monthly meetings with department to review scores, training, and any hotel / department items.
- Uphold standards regarding purchase orders, voucher of invoices, and checkbook accounting according to Mainsail Lodging & Development standards
- Maintain service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/ lounge, and room service areas in compliance with the state regulations
- Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages.
- Complete all required training from Mainsail Corporate and as directed by Director of Outlets.
- Ensure compliance with all F&B policies and procedures by training, supervision, hands on approach, and follow- up
- Control costs by conducting daily / monthly par checks and inventory to review portion control, reduce waste, and ensure no interruption of service
- Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and maintain low beverage cost
- Assist in the planning and adjusting of menus by consulting with the Executive Chef
- Monitor dining room floor and assist where needed.
- Prepared to work a variety of shifts – including but not limited to opening shifts (7am), mid-shifts (12pm) and closing shifts (4-5pm) that could last until 1 or 2am.
- Conduct table touches during meals and/or upon guest departure to solicit feedback on the service, quality of food, and the overall impression of the experience to make adjustments when necessary
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures
- Train, motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all F&B team members according to the The Karol Hotel standards with supervision from Director of Food + Beverage.
- Promote open lines of communication with all management and team members and maintain a professional work environment
- Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably, prioritize team member retention
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets; keep SDSs current and easily available
- Maintain and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to standards
- Monitoring banquet service, including overseeing events as needed and working closely with Banquet Captain team on ensuring high levels of service and quality product.
- Participate in monthly review of P&L reports with Director of Outlets.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years in an Assistant Manager or Supervisory role at a high volume and/or fine dining restaurant or hotel.
- Fine dining and baseline wine knowledge a must
- Micros and Open Table knowledge preferred
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AS STATED ABOVE AND ACCEPT THAT ANY OF THE TASKS MAY BE MODIFIED OR CHANGED. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR KNOWING THE MODIFICATIONS AND / OR CHANGES IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION. I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB AS LISTED ABOVE, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Associate Signature Date Supervisor Signature Date