We are Now Hiring at Hotel Forty Five! We are seeking passionate, innovative, and visionary individuals, apply today! In a city of diverse cultures, beautiful architecture, and rich musical history, you’ll find Macon, GA. Here, you’ll find Hotel Forty Five, which embodies all these aspects that make Macon, Macon. Opening its doors in January of 2022, Hotel Forty Five is waiting for you! Looking to hire in late November.
Job Summary: The Food and Beverage (F&B) Manager is responsible to manage the overall operations of all hotel outlets from arrival experience to the completion of the guest experience ensuring positive guest retention. Ensures quality service standards are met and the guest experience is exceptional.
Status: Exempt — $65,000 + Benefits
Full-Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision · HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options · Basic Life & Disability Plan Options · 401(k) Retirement Plan · Paid Time Off · Holiday Pay · Career Training & Development Opportunities · Tuition Reimbursement · Bereavement Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Jury Duty (may vary by state) · Employee Discounts · Employee Referral Bonus · All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal
Part-time associates receive all the above benefits with the exception of Medical Insurance & Holiday Pay. These part-time voluntary benefits are 100% employee paid.
- Maintain compliance with Hotel 45 and Mainsail Lodging & Development company core values
- Create a positive atmosphere for guests and team members.
- Ensure all team member’s schedules are created according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines, and productivity requirements; submit completed schedules to the hotel general manager in accordance with established timeline
- Review staffing levels to ensure exceptional guest service and operational needs and financial objectives are being met.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel 45 and Mainsail Lodging & Development’s policy, following a schedule which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain accurate payroll for all team members within the department in payroll software system ADP Workforce Now. Comply with deadlines to ensure proper hours, PTO, and Holidays are paid out correctly.
- Participate in required meetings to include: Departmental, Staff, Manager, and any other meetings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing proper professional attire.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations and OSHA guidelines.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents within F&B operations.
- Assist servers, server assistants, and hosts on the floor during meal periods and peak times.
- Assist if needed in other areas of hotel operations, including banquet functions.
- Supervise daily shift operations working closely with Supervisors and key team members.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to inform team of the hotel happenings.
- Work with the hotel General Manager on conducting monthly meetings with department to review scores, training, and any hotel / department items.
- Uphold standards regarding purchase orders, voucher of invoices, and checkbook accounting according to Mainsail Lodging & Development standards.
- Maintain service and sanitation standards in restaurant areas in compliance with the state regulations.
- Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages and carry necessary certification in compliance with the state regulations.
- Complete all required training from Mainsail Corporate and as directed by Hotel General Manager and/or HR team
- Ensure compliance with all F&B policies and procedures by training, supervision, hands on approach, and follow- up.
- Control costs by conducting daily/monthly par checks and inventory to review portion control, reduce waste, and ensure no interruption of service.
- Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and maintain low beverage cost.
- Assist in the planning and adjusting of menus by consulting with the senior culinary leadership
- Monitor dining room floor, patio, room service and assist where needed.
- Prepared to work a variety of shifts – including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Conduct table touches during meals and/or upon guest departure to solicit feedback on the service, quality of food, and the overall impression of the experience to adjust when necessary.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Hotel 45 procedures.
- Recruit, interview, hire and retain team members.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with for all FB team members.
- Train, motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all F&B team members according to the Hotel 45 standards
- Promote open lines of communication with all management and team members and maintain a professional work environment.
- Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably, prioritize team member retention.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets; keep SDSs current and easily available.
- Participate in monthly review of P&L reports with Hotel General Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Hotel General Manager.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Managerial or Supervisory role at Fine Dining restaurant and/or hotel.
- Extensive knowledge of wine and spirits is required.
- Fine Dining knowledge is required.
- Micros, Open Table, and ADP knowledge preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary