Reports to: Executive Chef
Supervise day-to-day activities of the Sous Chefs and other culinary personnel to achieve compliance in food preparations, presentation, and quality. Assist with employee training and scheduling. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. Serve as Executive Chef in their absence.
• Supervision of day-to-day operations and assignments of the culinary staff. Communicate goals and assign/schedule work. Assist with the communication and enforcement of formal policies and procedures.
• Recommend and initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Oversee methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
• Review the following day’s menus and complete requisitions for food and supplies needed; maintain inventory control procedures. Assist with the regular inventory of food and kitchen supplies; order items as necessary to maintain adequate inventory levels.
• Assist the Executive Chef in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
• Assist the Executive Chef in creating and testing new recipes and maintaining updated and accurate documentation and costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage facilities.
• Assist in developing new menus and concepts to keep up with business and industry trends.
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and control costs.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to sinks, stoves, grills, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health
department requirements. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. Assist sales, catering, and banquet staffs with banquets, parties and other special events.
• Provide consistency and quality of sanitation and cleanliness through execution of the fundamentals, i.e., spot and heavy cleaning, rotation and proper storage of controllable, and through the motivation and development of the associates. Must comply with local, state and federal health and sanitation codes and is responsible for meeting those standards.
• Oversee the efficient distribution of all supplies and equipment to all food and beverage outlets.
• Promote sense of ownership towards use of all controllables and equipment. Ensure all silver is clean and in presentable condition.
• Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all food production areas, dish room, loading dock, walk-ins and freezers, and other assigned areas, strictly enforcing the “clean as you go” policy.
• Attend Event Order meetings, as appropriate.
• Promote and maintain effective inter/intra-departmental communications.
• Listen effectively, anticipate and resolve problems as they arise.
• Embrace and teach empowerment principles to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Develop budgetary goals with superior and monitor for results.
• Maintain accurate controllable check book controls for expenditures.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring and evaluating associates.
• Develop departmental training program for associates to learn purpose and objective of minimizing controllable losses
• Enforce training and ensure safe work environment through the Job Safety Analysis, weekly sanitation inspections and follow-ups, loss prevention and quality assurance.
• Schedule and conduct monthly staff meetings
• Coach/Counsel staff members when necessary.
• Drive commitment to quality assurance, safe work practices,
• Maintain high associate morale throughout the working area
• Be familiar with the organization of the Hotel and know the function of each department.
• Attend staff meetings/training sessions as required by management
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience
• Minimum of 3-year experience in a hotel or fine dining restaurant.
• Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals
• Ability to compose menus that reflect the marketplace with unique flare.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
• Previous experience analyzing P&L statement a plus.
• Long hours sometimes required
• Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Ability to work with others in a high demand kitchen
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the kitchen, the hotel, and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
August 2, 2022