ABOUT Mrs.P’s Bar+ Kitchen
Quite before its time, the original Mrs. P’s on Ponce was home to Atlanta’s first drag show featuring the legendary drag icon, Diamond Lil, and famous for its boiled peanuts. Now revived as Mrs. P’s Bar & Kitchen, tucked away in Wylie Hotel, serving local favorites all day for nosh and a beverage menu to delight the more curious palette. Join the fun with the neighborhood regulars and trade stories.
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about our brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success and profitability of Mrs. P’s Bar + Kitchen, while keeping a fun and engaging workplace.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen team, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work
- Communicate effectively and ensure all policies, procedures and safety initiatives are known and followed by the team
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other team-related actions in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards
- Ability to produce great, quality food
Develop new menus to drive business and food trends with a goal of increasing business/profitability and ensuring repeat business. Create seasonal menu changes.
- Supervise and/or participate in the cleaning of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment including all dishes, flatware, and related equipment to meet all health, sanitation and SafeStaff standards. Ensure that kitchen equipment is in proper working order; notify the maintenance department of any malfunctioning equipment
- Maintain the kitchen work area in an orderly and clean condition, following handwashing and virus prevention protocols.
- Ensure the team is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
- Participate in the preparation of the outlet’s revenue plan and annual budget
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments Maintain a sense of ownership for the restaurant
INTERACT WITH OUTSIDE CONTACTS
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction Vendors to order supplies and equipment
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections. Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Fully responsible for outlet ordering, planning, scheduling, menu selections in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items.
- Lead, train and monitor performance of kitchen team to establish and maintain effective employee relations in conducting formal and on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment and maintains and strictly abides by state sanitation/health regulations and restaurant requirements
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/restaurant policies and procedures
- Meet with Restaurant General Manager / Restaurant GM regularly to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for culinary team to complete, review priorities
COMPLETE TRAINING PLANS FOR OPENING & CLOSING DUTIES
- Set up workstation with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with the highest standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout shift Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
- Monitor performance of assigned team and ensure all procedures all completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies
with respective personnel
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and restaurant requirements Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts with 3+ years of experience as a Sous Chef in a high-volume, local or regional restaurant environment
- Impeccable track record and strong leadership skills Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit
Valid health/food handler card by local or state government agency
SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE