- deep respect for someone or something.
- regard or treat with deep respect.
It’s about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of respect for farmers, fishermen, growers and makers. Curiosity to seek the means to the end. A commitment to understanding the process. Desire to nurture relationships.
Here, we’re moving beyond farm-to-table. At Reverence, it’s from heart to hand to the soul of our guests. We are as devoted to our craft as the farmers, fishermen, makers and growers we support.
Always inquisitive, forever students of the culinary origins. The back story comes before the glory. We are willing to try, willing to fail in order to improve, to be the best.
If spirit can be visible on a plate, it’s possible at Reverence. We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate the palate for an appreciation of the source.
What does reverence inspire in you? It’s your blank canvas. We’ve set the table, now join us!
WHO WE’RE SEEKING:
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about our brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success and profitability of Reverence.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to bring the vision of Reverence to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and we know the right Chef will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also drive you!
Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen team, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work
- Communicate effectively and ensure all policies, procedures and safety initiatives are known and followed by the team
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other team-related actions in accordance with company policies. Alert senior management of potentially serious issues
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards
- Butchering – processing whole poultry, fish, and primal cuts of larger animals
- Ability to produce great, quality food
- Participate in demonstration cooking or assist guest chefs with presentations as needed
- Develop new menus to drive business and food trends with a goal of increasing business/profitability and ensuring repeat business. Create seasonal menu changes
- Maintain updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the street-side restaurant
- Supervise and/or participate in the cleaning of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment including all dishes, flatware, and related equipment to meet all health, sanitation and SafeStaff standards. Ensure that kitchen equipment is in proper working order; notify the maintenance department of any malfunctioning equipment
- Maintain the kitchen work area in an orderly and clean condition
- Ensure the team is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
- Follow handwashing and virus prevention protocols
- Participate in the preparation of the outlet’s revenue plan and annual budget
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Maintain a sense of ownership for the restaurant
Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors to order supplies and equipment
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)•Create a Stewarding Training program
- Create a Knife Skills Training program
- Fully responsible for outlet ordering, planning, scheduling, menu selections in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items.
- Lead, train and monitor performance of kitchen team to establish and maintain effective employee relations in conducting formal and on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment and maintains and strictly abides by state sanitation/health regulations and restaurant requirements
- Coordinates ordering in accordance with Reverence quality and quantity standards, checks perishable food items received for quantity and quality standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/restaurant policies and procedures
- Meet with Restaurant General Manager / Restaurant GM / Chefs to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for culinary team to complete, review priorities
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations, which compromise the departments standards and delegate these tasks
Complete training plans for opening & closing duties:
- Set up workstation with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure
everything complies with the highest standards
- Check production schedule and pars
- Establish priority items for the day
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout shift
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
- Monitor performance of assigned team and ensure all procedures all completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel
- Assist team wherever required ensuring optimum service to guests
- Maintain production charts according to departmental standards
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and restaurant requirements
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process
- Deliver weekly labor recap analysis to Restaurant General Manager
- Effective and mindful communication skills. We want you to lead, motivate, and inspire your team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical Mind: Ability to build a budget and read and comprehend P&L statements
- Attentional to detail
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts with 5+ years of experience as a Chef and/or Sous Chef in a high-volume, highly acclaimed local or regional restaurant environment
- Impeccable track record
- Proven history as a strong leader
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit
- Valid health/food handler card by local or state government
REVERENCE CORE VALUES:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them