The Senior Event Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising group business after it is booked by the sales and catering department, while maintaining profitable operations, high quality products and service levels. The Event Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business. The Senior Event Manager is also responsible for overseeing the events and sales office admin duties by assigning versus task and ensuring there completion.
WHO WE’RE SEEKING:
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Tampa.
We want to work with someone who bring a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will ensure we all bring the Epicurean to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Event Manager will be inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
The Event Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising group business after it is booked by the sales and catering department, while maintaining profitable operations, high quality products and service levels. The Event Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations of group, catering, or in-house events.
- Ensure that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures and by collaborating with other employees/departments to ensure accuracy and smooth turnover from sales to service back to sales.
- Serves as liaison between the sales manager and client throughout the event process.
- Ensure each function set-up meets with client expectations through effective follow-up meetings and communications with appropriate staff members.
- Conduct on-site inspections.
- Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and clients to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events.
- Generate resumes, addendums, menus, Event Orders (EOs), sleeping room blocks, as necessary.
- Create, review and revise rooming lists, VIP lists and Marriott Rewarding Events Program.
- Follow-up on turnover within 24 hours via telephone and within 3 days with written correspondence.
- Keep a pulse on attendee pick up, manage group room blocks where applicable and keep clients apprised of potential attrition and accurately maintain meeting space inventories.
- Understanding of group and catering forecasting, hotel revenue strategy, meeting room set-up types and capabilities, and sleeping room configurations and types. Knowledge in event technology (A/V) products, sales and services as well as F&B to assist client with menu planning and room set-up while working within the client budget.
- Ensure method of payment, credit card and or billing policies and procedures are upheld.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Leads pre- and post-con meetings to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Facilitates various meetings (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
- Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Knowledge of sales techniques to propose up-sell ideas to clients.
- Respond to guest trends, needs, issues, comments, and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests. Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed.
- Review menu/service with catering managers and executive or sous chef.
- Maintain up to date details on events and communicate to staff.
- Delivers excellent guest service throughout the guest experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
- Works with the property staff and guests to address operational challenges associated with his/her group. Attain post-event feedback from client, report back to sales and catering. Respond to client complaints and requests in a timely manner and report back to sales and catering.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts. Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Sales team to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Assigning office administrative duties to Event Managers and Coordinator as need.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction. Advance Marriott’s the Art of Brilliant Hosting.
- Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., ethnic weddings, and butler style service). Knowledge of menu development / familiarity with food and beverage cost control. Two or four year degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs. Proficiency in one or more of the following systems: Marriott CI/TY.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
- Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through. Analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan and develop procedures on all sales programs.
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
- Keep current in event management trends.
- Attend community events and industry meetings.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key guests of the hotel.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary