It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new culinary trends. Desire to nurture relationships.
We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our customers on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
OUR PILLARS: Curated | Crafted | Social | Enriching
WHO WE’RE SEEKING:
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone who bring a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will ensure we all bring Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Entertainment / Business Travel Sales Manager will be inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
Responsible for handling sales of all Business Travel & Entertainment opportunities for Epicurean Atlanta. Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales revenue goals, contracts and closes local BT accounts and entertainment business. Ensures that group business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery to Event Management. Achieves revenue goals by actively by maximizing revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new business travel / entertainment business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals
- Coordinates definite group business
- Handles customer inquiries and leads requests for SMERF based group business
- Established billing for definite function and ensures deposits are collected
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them
- Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
- Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations
- Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the business
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the sales efforts for the hotel and complex related to catering business
- Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel and development
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Designs, develops, and sells creative catered events
- Identifies and assists with selling, implementing and following-through on catering promotions.
- Promotes accountability to drive superior business results
- Executes Sales strategies and business processes
- Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand
Building Successful Relationships
- Works collaboratively with property Sales and Marketing colleagues as well as other hotel departments to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level
- Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers, and market
- Interacts effectively with vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments (including Sales, Kitchen and Events) to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensures that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service
- Ability to assist the banquet and events team on special events when needed
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise, because of the sales process, by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders
- Provide an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
Education & Experience
- Required: must have previous experience in Entertainment or Business Transient market
- Two- or four-year degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarization of the local markets preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, Marriott systems, SFAweb and CI/TY
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
- Long hours sometimes required
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Sense of urgency on all manners related to our customers and guests