Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Corporate Director of Sales
Position: Director of Sales for Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Location: Jackson, NH
Reports to: General Manager and Corporate Director of Sales
Drives revenue to achieve hotel’s topline goals by proactively soliciting all business segments; to include new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads. Provides property support by coordinating and executing property internal mining efforts. Partners with Leadership to ensure competitive sales strategies are in place for the hotel and stay competitive within the market by aligning on sales activities to generate business and communicate real-time competitor intel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Solicits groups, party/banquet/event catering business. Calls on past and prospective customers to solicit bookings.
• Reiterates in contract form all specified event details concerning upcoming engagements.
• Maintains trace file and follow-up by telephone or on-site visit as needed.
• Develops aggressive long and short range sales objectives and promotional programs based on past sales projections and accomplishments.
• Prepares statistical forecasts for function revenues, hotel room occupancy, and event scheduling for approval by the General Manager.
• Works with corporate marketing and e-commerce in the development of marketing strategies and implements promotional campaigns to maximize sales potential and increase business.
• Develops plans and prices menus, in conjunction with the Chef/ Food and Beverage Director to be approved by the General Manager. Works closely with Executive Chef regarding specialty menu requests and package pricing.
• Directly supervise Catering/Event Manager. Provide direction, projects, coaching, operational objectives, marking plan initiatives, discipline, training, etc. If necessary, assist in recruitment and hiring process and/or termination process and administration.
• Responds to inquiries pertaining to requests for information, bidding and planning for events, and confirmation regarding events, both long and short range. Immediately respond to all telephone and email inquiries.
• Provide written information to customers pertaining to such things as layout of seating plans, menu, pricing, and final contracts in the bidding process.
• Other related sales duties on own initiative or as may be assigned by the general manager or corporate director of sales
• Flexibility to step into whatever role is needed at the time in order to deliver exceptional customer service. This may include taking on job responsibilities outside of this job description and may require assisting other departments in their regular functions.
• Take initiative as shown by doing assigned tasks without prompting while developing new sales ideas and programs.
• Cooperate with others in completing assigned tasks in a teamwork fashion.
• Use sound judgement in meeting sales objectives and in resolving problem situations.
Building Successful Relationships
• Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Rotary Clubs, Social Hours, Chamber of Commerce, etc).
• Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinate follow up efforts.
• Handles customer care issues and as necessary, refers them to the appropriate owner.
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services customers to obtain and grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Current or recent hotel sales experience.
• Current or recent experience in Tripleseat
• Two- or four-year degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
• Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through.
• Ability to plan and develop procedures on all sales programs.
• Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
• Keep current in event management trends.
• Attend community events and industry meetings.
• Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
• Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
November 21, 2022