Reports to: Hotel General Manager
The Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for the supervision of all functionality within the
Housekeeping Department. This would include ensuring the highest level of cleanliness of all rooms and
public areas within Wylie Hotel Atlanta and following cleanliness procedures.
• Preserve the company’s core values in accordance with Mainsail Lodging & Development to
ensure the highest level of integrity and honesty.
• Implement and oversee the key control system for the housekeeping department.
• Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges
to prepare work assignments.
• Monitor all rooms to include appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of
rooms to ensure we are achieving Marriott Brand Standards • Conduct daily stand ups with housekeeping team focusing on opportunities and any special requests and V.I.P.’s.
• Conduct OSHA training with housekeeping team and maintain compliant on an annual basis.
• Continuous observation of all safety standards in accordance to all OSHA regulations.
• Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets. Keep SDS
sheets current and easily available.
• Personal grooming and appearance to be of a professional manner and fit the hotel theme.
• Train and operate all company cell phone and radios in a professional manner to maintain proper radio etiquette.
• Variable work schedule to meet the demands of the operation contingent on occupancy and may include long hours to include holidays.
• Develop room inspection program to ensure high level of cleanliness to include rooms, public areas, team member work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas, garage and grounds.
• Conduct daily inspections for all arriving V.I.P.’s
• Ensure lobby, guest hallways, back of house and housekeeping areas are cleaned and well
• Continuous training and development of all housekeeping staff to include any new procedures /
• Retain detailed inventory of all needed housekeeping supplies and amenities for monthly /
• Assist with monthly inventories in Housekeeping department to include linen/laundry items to
ensure adequate supplies for the hotel.
• Ensure guest confidentiality, privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures.
• Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all housekeeping according to progressive discipline
• Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures.
• Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to housekeeping
in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Report all incidents to Director of Rooms Operations.
• Uphold a professional working relationship to stimulate open lines of communication with all
team members, management and owners.
• Empowers team members to provide a personal guest experience.
• Uphold and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to hotel standards.
• Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and / or accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Maintain Housekeeping team’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
• Prepare team member schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
• Greet and welcome all guests in public areas with a sociable welcome.• Process, monitor and maintain guest laundry requests.
• Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
• Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental and daily stand up meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• 2-year associates degree or higher preferred.
• 2-years of hotel Housekeeping managerial experience preferred.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to use technology.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Corrected vision to normal range.
• Ability to work long hours as needed.
• Make sound judgments quickly.
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
• We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
• We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen
through proactive behavior
• We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
• We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
• Work is an important part of life and should be fun
• We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same
vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
• We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and
• We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be
truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All Team Members
must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move Team Members
from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a
hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
November 8, 2022